3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Someone tried to steal my ram

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 11:53 PM
Silver Eagle
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Someone tried to steal my ram

Last Sept. My 04 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Hemi ThunderRoad was stolen from my Drive way. Someone had a key made.I had the keyless entry system. The dealer said it had a chip in it. It didn't. The guy wrote down my vin niumber had a set of keys made and stole my truck. That's not the bad part. He also ramed my 01 customized PT Cruiser in the rear and pushed my 06 PT Convertible backwards and he then side swiped my wifes 01 Buick Century. to get it out of the driveway. Total damage was over $16,000 . $7300 was damage done to my truck before he got it out of the driveway. Two weeks after he stole it I saw him driving my truck. I called the useless 011 system and was told no body could help me because the police were busy. They said I had a two hr. wait. So I followed this guy around for three hrs. Finally a cop showed up at my houseI stopped by to see what they had found out, he said nothing as usual. Thenhe said discribe my truck to him.I said do you see that truck that just passed us going down the hill.He said yes and I said well that's my truck. Would you beli\eve ,he lost the guy. Finally after waiting over 3 1/2 hours and with 8 police cruisers and two state police choppers they stopped my truck. When they opened the door to get him out he punched one of the cops and got away. When I went to pick up my truck later that night The motor was still running and a key was in the ignition. I had both of my keys. Now a few days later I had the dodge dealer change my locks and remotes. Total cost is $370.00 installed. thats two new remotes and two new keys with the chip. I'm now in the process of getting a vehicle protection system called Witness, For more information on it go to www.thewitness.net/purchase.htm It's like lojack only cheaper and you can follow your truck by your computer. It's a very interesting system. And it only cost after installation $5.50 a month.

Old 01-10-2007, 01:05 AM
snake2083
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Someone tried to steal my ram

FYI people, please don't fire warning shots in the air (raidermike). Keep in mind that those rounds are going to come back down somewhere else. IMO, I have always been trained (Army) that you should never fire a warning shot. If the situation warrants you pulling the trigger, you should shoot to kill. Now, I'm not advocating everyone should start gunning down people as soon as you suspect someone. I'm simply saying that if you are going to pull a trigger, you better be trying to kill the SOB. For one,less chance of hurting an innocent bystander from a stray bullet that you fired into the air or ground or elsewhere. Just my two cents.

Quick Reply: Someone tried to steal my ram