3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Someone tried to steal my ram

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 03:03 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone tried to steal my ram

My wife and I were going to breakfast and we typically take her car 2007 fj cruiser, As I walked around the back of it to place my younger son in his car seat, I noticed that some A#@hole was nice enough to Scribe the L.A. Dodgers logo in the back of it on the passenger side and scratch the s$#t out of the other side. We still went to breakfast, came back and called the cops for a report, The cops came and I was going to move my truck so he (officer) can park in the driveway next to the Fj. I noticed that the plastic piece on top of the steering column was busted and All my interior lights were meticulously removed. I was pissed. I asked the cop, "If I catc someone in my truck, Do I have the right to beat the crap out of them"? Cop Replied, "You will go to jail for assualt". What kind of injust crap is that. I get violated on my property and can not defend it? Does any one know if the 2006 ram 1500 has the chip in the key preventing thievery?

Old 01-06-2007, 03:23 AM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker
Default RE: Someone tried to steal my ram

The key does have a chip in it and if you try to start it without that key it will lock up the computer and it will have to be towed to the dealer. That is why I made the other post asking where to buy the extra keys. They are 200 if you get if from the dealer. If you have both original keys then you can purchase a dodge key from someone else and get it cut and program it yourself.
I asked the cop, "If I catc someone in my truck, Do I have the right to beat the crap out of them"? Cop Replied, "You will go to jail for assualt". What kind of injust crap is that. I get violated on my property and can not defend it? Does any one know if the 2006 ram 1500 has the chip in the key preventing thievery?
In texas you can shoot them and i doubt that you will get in any trouble . It is still illigal to carry wire cutters in your truck because of all of the cattle thefts back in the day. Lol. I would love for someone to right me a ticket for that one, I would fight that one till the end

Old 01-06-2007, 03:33 AM
romic00
Rookie

That sucks man. These laws are so stupid, these days you can't do anything without going to court. Really stupid.

Old 01-06-2007, 04:14 AM
GSXR1181
Amateur

Screw it, a friend of mine had his new 4 wheeler stolen from him right in front of his garage. He was only 20 feet away from it when the guy hoped on it and took off. He lived in the country, so the guy was camping and waiting. Needless to say he went a bought a Smith and Wesson after that, and so did I. I along with him would shoot and answer questions later. I work to hard for my **** for some ***** come and take it from me. I'm sure I would get put in jail longer then the thieve, but oh well, that's the price you pay for true justice in America.

I live in an apartment, and I am always scared someone is going to come vandalize my truck or something. Especially with my roommates psycho baby's momma. I won't keep my street bike there, and I hate leaving my 95 Camaro parked out there. Its a 355 with a mobile computer and about two grand of stereo equipment. So I keep it under lock and key at my mom and dads garage. Anyway I feel what you are going thru with my friends experience. Total BS!!! I promise every time you park and leave your truck you will be a little paranoid. I am, and I'm not even the one who got anything stolen.

Get you a good alarm or even look into Low Jack, if it's available in your area, it will help you sleep better, I promise.[/align]

Old 01-06-2007, 04:25 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

I am looking to get the Viper 791, or the Clarion ungo both made by directed and both have the two way radios with many options including remote start, window control. The only problem is the alarm is going to be almost twice what my truck payment is. I want the horn to honk but first I want air horns installed. I live in a newer comunity (subdivision) in Arizona

Old 01-06-2007, 10:56 AM
raidermike67
Veteran

I'd strongly suggest NOT shooting ANYONE unless they are INSIDE your residence.....you can have a pretty good case for self defense if they are in your residence but anyone shot outside is a totally different story.

I once got charged with battery for squirting my neighbor with a hose after HE began harassing my friends and I for NO reason, nut case had just moved into the neighborhood and didn't care for us riding our ATV's along the PRIVATELY held levee behind his house.

A few drops of water on this jerk-off cost me TWO trips to the courthouse, about $200 for an "anger management" correspondence course and a total waste of my time.

You have the right to defend yourself and your property but not using excessive force.

NOW if you catch someone trying to steal your truck and get into a fight always claim self defense.

There are cases of guys suing large retailers for being roughed up by private security guards after stealing merchandise.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:04 AM
sumncguy
Veteran

$h1t is all backwards these days.

I would still beat the crap out of the person, ..go ahead and arrest me if you want/need to, I'd be out in an hour or two, come court time I would request a trial by jury ... can see where any jury would convict me.

... but then again ....?

Old 01-06-2007, 11:46 AM
raidermike67
Veteran

Let me tell you having a record of any type is no joking matter. Hiring an attorney is very expensive and what if the guy tries to sue you for bodily injury? Is it really worth it? A few drops of water from my hose cost me nearly $600 when it was all said and done. Don't think that a million different ideas haven't gone through my head to get this guy back but man, get caught doing that and I'm screwed.

Let's just say in the heat of the altercation the guy hits his head hard and dies...now you're dealing with involuntary manslaughter.

You have to hire an attorney, you'll miss time from work and IF you are found not guilty you are still on record for having been charged with this offense.

All I can say is pray you have a witness to corroborate your claim of self defense.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: squirtbottle09

The key does have a chip in it and if you try to start it without that key it will lock up the computer and it will have to be towed to the dealer. That is why I made the other post asking where to buy the extra keys. They are 200 if you get if from the dealer. If you have both original keys then you can purchase a dodge key from someone else and get it cut and program it yourself.
I asked the cop, "If I catc someone in my truck, Do I have the right to beat the crap out of them"? Cop Replied, "You will go to jail for assualt". What kind of injust crap is that. I get violated on my property and can not defend it? Does any one know if the 2006 ram 1500 has the chip in the key preventing thievery?
In texas you can shoot them and i doubt that you will get in any trouble . It is still illigal to carry wire cutters in your truck because of all of the cattle thefts back in the day. Lol. I would love for someone to right me a ticket for that one, I would fight that one till the end
wrong. in texas the law changed so that now you have to be in fear of your life to use deadly force. but basically anytime somebody breaks into your house you can claim fear for your life, and if you catch them in your truck and point a gun at them to detain them its fine but if they start advancing towards you then you can claim fear for your life and shoot.

Old 01-06-2007, 02:30 PM
GSXR1181
Amateur

ORIGINAL: Johndcjr1989

wrong. in texas the law changed so that now you have to be in fear of your life to use deadly force. but basically anytime somebody breaks into your house you can claim fear for your life, and if you catch them in your truck and point a gun at them to detain them its fine but if they start advancing towards you then you can claim fear for your life and shoot.
I LIKE TEXAS!!

Sry raidermike67 I'd still shoot em!! Guess it's just that Kentucky redneck mentality

Quick Reply: Someone tried to steal my ram