3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Questions about Superchips performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Limedust
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about Superchips performance

I have some questions about how the Superchips Flashpaq modifies the performace of the 5.7 Hemi. I have considered getting one with some tax return money this year, but only if it does what I want.

I do not race my truck, but I do enjoy getting a nice acceleration to cruising speed through the lower RPM range of the engine. Judging by the dyno charts of the Superchips 91 octane performance setting, it looks like there is a lot of added torque in the lower RPMrange, but it doesn't show me below 3500 RPM for my 2005. Is it really something you can feel in day-to-day city driving? Does you gas mileage increase because of the engine "not having to work as hard"? How about cruising at highway speed? (and by that, I mean is it easier to control your speed or accelerate in OD?)

Another questions I have concerns the firmed up shifting. Is this an option, or an automatic upgrade with the performance setting? Can you tell if it is because of a change in the shifting points or an actual decrease in the amount of torque management? I ask because I find that my stock setup shifts better at higher RPM, where as I am more apt to get a "clunky" shift at low RPM.

Thanks for any input! I know there are a million of these threads, but they mostly concern 1/4 mile times. Also want to be absolutely sure before dropping a few hundred on an upgrade.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:56 PM
SUPERCHIP TUNER
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Questions about Superchips performance

As for the rpm range, we can only dyno a vehicle locked in 3rd, andit does not read downlow.
We are making changes right off idle throughout the powerband.
Yes it is alot better at HWY speeds.
The shift firmnessesare based on throttle position, it will shift firmer than stock but no coffee spilling.
But it will shift firmer the further you depress the go pedal.
We do give all of our products a 30 day money back garuantee to try the product out.
You should see a drop about2 tenths in the 1/4.
Ron

Quick Reply: Questions about Superchips performance