3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Love my new 07 Ram even with the quirks

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 04:11 AM
Big_Red1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love my new 07 Ram even with the quirks

Picked upmy new 07 1500 Hemi 4x4 QC 9 days ago and have clocked all of 400 miles on it so far and I love this truck. Sitting up higher, bigger windows, killer ride, satellite radio, and let's not forget the engine. Man, that Hemi is a bad *****! I LOVE IT!!! MPG?? Low, real low (~9-10). But since the truck has less than 1000 miles on it, I'm not sweating it.

Interesting thing though.Prior to taking delivery, I asked the dealer to re-balance the tires because I felt some vibes once I got her up around 60. "Sure, no problem" says the service manager. The final report is that the rear drive line is out of balance so the dealer is all over getting a new one on order and replacing it ASAP. Bonus points for the dealer and a "WTF?" for DC.

Now with the icy roads, I figured why not try the Electronic 4WD? Double-check the manual to make sure I don't goon it up (what can I say? I'm blond). Anyway, once I have a solid "4WD" light I figure I'm good except every time I accelerate, I get some serious vibes from the front end. Needless to say, my dealer will get the priviledge next week of putting my new rig on the lift to see what's happening up front.

Minor gripe: Why do I see so much rust and unprotected metal on the undercarriage? It can't cost much more to have the parts suppliers shoot a coat of ****-can black on the underside parts and for Dodge to undercoat at the dealer ship. Not close to a deal breaker, just one of those things that a $33K truck should have

Anyone else having quality control issues? I can't say it enough: I love this truck and I'm looking forward to some great road trips but silly stuff like this is what adds to Toyota's bottom line (are you taking this on board Dodge???).

Old 01-14-2007, 06:18 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Default RE: Love my new 07 Ram even with the quirks

I havea 2006, and have had one issue besides the rust, I cleaned it and hit it with silicone spray in a yellow can at home depot. I had my breather line from the transfer case or transmission (not sure) come out 3 day I owned truck.
If you love your ram now, get a Superchip and you will really love it.

Old 01-14-2007, 12:26 PM
raidermike67
Veteran

My only issue was the rear passenger window moulding was a bit tweaked.

I also think rear fender well inserts are a good idea.

Old 01-14-2007, 01:45 PM
darkrt
Professional

When delivered thedrivers side door would not close without great effort. Hood was out of alignment. The bed looked to be setting too far to the right. Almost an inch out past the cab. Turns out it was the cab out of alignment. All items were addresed and haven't had any more issues.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:14 AM
Big_Red1

Latest:

- Still love the truck (1392 miles so far).
- Rear drive line changed, vibes settled down quite a bit but still noticable.Even thought they continue to be customer service oriented, the dealer can't sense the vibe after the rear drive line was changed. I'm off to Sears for balancing of all four corners.
- Dealership attributes front drivetrain vibesduring straight line acceleration to similarity to when posi-track rear end is locked and going around a corner: both wheels turning at slightly different rates of speed causes wheel hops and tire chirps. Seems plausible but stinks a bit so I'll monitor closely.

Old 01-28-2007, 08:55 PM
4x4XTSY

I would have told dealership to give me a new one!lol Sure sounds like a mess of problems already.I am glad I have not had one single problem with mine. Your fuel consumptions is odd. I had 35 miles on mine when I picked it up and my average so far is 16.5 in town with hills and stuff. No long trips but driving to and fromwork I have got 23.1 but average around 20. That is passing peeps and some stop lights and stuff speed around 65 mph.

Old 01-28-2007, 10:48 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Quick Reply: Love my new 07 Ram even with the quirks