3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

03 Dodge Ram Hemi question???

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 05:21 PM
djr04
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 03 Dodge Ram Hemi question???

ok, the best I can come up with is this. The throttle control is controlled solely by the input of the pcm and a few other sensors such as the accelerator pedal position sensor. My best guess is at some point one of the sensors or the pcm is sending a wrong signal, causing your throttle body to open and close, which would simulate a missing situation in the engine. A possible quick fix that you should definitely try is resetting your pcm by pulling the pcm fuse, holding the key to run for 1 ding, then turning the key back to off and reseating the pcm fuse. This should reset the learning parameters in your pcm, and may possibly correct your problem. Hope this works for you.

Old 01-17-2007, 09:12 PM
pbraun69

Well mine is still doing it even driving around town. Stopped by dealer that looked at it last year and asked if since they supposedly fixed it with 30000 on it almost a year ago if now it is still doing at 40000 mi if it would be warranty. They said they would look at it for 99 bucks and find out what it is and then maybe contact dodge to see if they would cover? Had no idea what it was, told them the 2175 and 2106 and they looked in computer and said maybe a map sensor or i think he said a throtlle control sensor maybe.or a throttle body Cant imagine what that costs i think there is sensors in there that if bad you replace whole body on the hemi not good. Well i pulled pcm fuse and drove a little hasnt happended yet but i didnt go very far and it erased the codes. Now i dont know if i should take it in tomorrow or not they cant do anything with no codes and afraid of getting ripped off!!!

Old 01-18-2007, 12:37 AM
playmaker05

Thanks djr04 for all your help im going to try that tomorrow and i will let you know what happens . pbraun69 let me know if you take your truck in . Just keep me updated since we are having the same problem and i will do the same for you.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:46 AM
pbraun69

Well i didnt take it in i pulled the pcm fuse and put it back in and drove it for about 20 miles with no light in that time. It also erased the codes so i figured no point to take in and pay for them to say its fine because theyre computer says its fine. Hope this is the fix but i doubt it hopefully hemination you have the dealer solution for us.

Old 01-20-2007, 03:57 PM
hemination03

I didn't make it to the dealer. As soon as I do I will give you an update.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:48 PM
pbraun69

Hey anybody figure this thing out yet?????? I went out of town for almost a week , before i did i pulled the pcm fuse reset it and the trip out 400 miles the thing was fine, but today on the way home same old story with the two lights coming on and running like crap and not shifting right. At wits end hope someone knows what the deal with this thing is???

Old 01-26-2007, 09:51 AM
hemifever
SPONSOR

There is a TSB for '03's and erroneous ETC cel's. That's probably why the dealers figured it was fixed after flashing. I don't know how much IAT and MAP sensors cost, but you could start plugging away at trying to fix things. Is your air filter clogged or dirty? Might be worth paying the dealership to find the problem. Doesn't the diag fee goto the fix fee if they find it to be a sensor and replace it?

Old 01-27-2007, 06:42 PM
pbraun69

Air filter is clean on the intake. Now that i have pulled fuse for pcm it hasnt done it yet so i cant really take it in to dealer with no codes, theyll claim its fine. Looked to get sensors at auto parts they dont have any listed so i guess i have to get them from the dealer. They said to pull it in and scan it was 99 bucks towards nothin, then they could talk to dodge about paying for repair since they did not fix it when i had it in under warranty. Hoping someone figured this problem out though

Old 01-29-2007, 06:57 PM
pbraun69

I did a search and found that this electronic throttle light could be a broken exhaust valve spring?? Anyone else have this problem is this the problem we could be having if so would this be covered under the 7/70 warranty???

Old 01-30-2007, 12:46 AM
duner36

hey i have an 03 ram 2500 with 120000 miles on it and cant even to say bad things except at 95000 i had the same problem your talking about with codes and the dealer told me some of the same things and i had them reflash a few times till i was on my way out of town and stopped after 25 miles driving and when restarting it blew the intake apart underneath the dealer told me they have never heard of that problem but they sure fixed it in a hurry of course they charged me 1000 bucks first and had to wait a week ... anyone else hear of that ? it had all the same codes so i think when it started early on it was just a crack causing an air leak that the air flow senson had to adjust for .. the dealer can do an intake leak test for you to see if you have the same prob ..

Quick Reply: 03 Dodge Ram Hemi question???