3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

engine light

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 10:37 PM
trill
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine light

I have a 2005 Ram quad cab 4.7L with about 30,300 miles. My engine light came on last weekend for a couple of days and then turned off. It recently came back on yesterday. I know its time for a tune up for the spark plugs, and PCV. But I was curious to know if there might be something else causing the engine light to come on before I change out the spark plugs and PCV? Also, is there anything else I should change out for this 30,000 mile tune up?

Old 01-19-2007, 10:49 PM
Ben D.
Champion
Default RE: engine light

well the check engine light is normally not something to like freak out about or anything but definately get it checked out. I think if you turn the key in the ignition on and off three times the computer will display codes where the odometer is. Those codes will tell you what is causing your check engine light. They are usually just various sensors that arnt too much to change so I wouldn't worry. Or take the truck to an auto parts store and get it checked by them

Old 01-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Jetpig
Professional

Gas cap would be the first thing I would check.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, go here----http://www.hemitruckclub.com/----and download the FSM for your truck
This is the electronic Factory Service Manual for your truck---its free, and its an valuable tool for troubleshooting your truck.

Quick Reply: engine light