3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stalling problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 12:05 AM
MoparMJM
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalling problems

If you dont know, I just got a new ram... 2007 QC SLT 4x4 HEMI

The truck has about 900miles on it and it has stalled on me twice already. Both times was I shift the truck into reverse, it moves a few inches then stalls. Turn the key off and back on and it was fine.

Is this common?(I doubt it)

and I heard a rumor if the vehicle is under 10,000 miles the dealership will give you a free loaner while it is in for service, is this true.

I drive every single day, so I cant just take it to a shop and leave it there. So the only other option is to drive all the way down state pick up the Charger([:@]) and drive that in the snow while the truck is getting worked on.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:49 AM
dillyw
Professional
Default RE: Stalling problems

The same thing happend to me three times over 6 month period in the exact same way , than i put in park and starts righ up and its fine.
So i was wondering about that myself but hasent happend since november, so i dont know. Also im pretty sure everytime it was raining hard and very moist air. (sorry for spelling , still learning and my spell check wont work)

Old 02-03-2007, 01:58 PM
MoparMJM
Record Breaker

that is interesting about the moisture in the air... because up here in Michigan there is a bunch of snow.. maybe that could be part of the problem?

Old 02-03-2007, 08:19 PM
dillyw
Professional

yeah maybe lets just hope it dont happen again as myself dont have time to get that issue checked either. I also thought that the times it stalled maybe i didnt use brake between changing gears ?.

Old 02-03-2007, 09:00 PM
MoparMJM
Record Breaker

I am going to get it checked once the snow goes away, so I can drive the Charger while the truck is in the shop...

Old 02-04-2007, 12:49 AM
dillyw
Professional

Nice , well let me know how it works out , hopefully just nauture.lol

Quick Reply: Stalling problems