3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Factory Ram floormats at part dept; good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 04:57 PM
pizza442
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Ram floormats at part dept; good deal?

Need tips on getting a good, like wholesale price, deal on front floormats from the Dodge Parts Dept. I need to spend some of these Dodge Visa rebate certs that I have and only have the rubber mat in my strippo '06 std cab. List price is around $60 they tell me.
Jay

Old 02-03-2007, 05:21 PM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Factory Ram floormats at part dept; good deal?

I just ordered a new regular cab ram and the front floor mats cost me $20 msrp or $18 invoice at the dealership. Red

Old 02-03-2007, 07:00 PM
pizza442
Professional

Thanks for the reply, Cactus, though it sounds like you are quoting the cost when the mats come in the truck from the factory. Mine didn't come with mats so I need to order them from the parts department which is a whole different deal than throwing them into the truck as it goes down the assemblyline! The dealer's parts department needs to cover costs related to shipping and need to make a $buck, too.

Old 02-03-2007, 09:05 PM
MoparMJM
Record Breaker

my loaded ram didnt come with them either... your best bet is to just go to a local auto parts store and buy the universal ones... I have a grey set of rubber slush mats, they work great!

Old 02-04-2007, 12:35 AM
pizza442
Professional

I have racked up over $200 in these 'Dealer Dollars' certificates from my Dodge Visa card that I need to use and my truck is too new ('06 with 3800 miles on it) to need any service other than oil changes so I may as well get some correct made-to-fit front mats. Why spend my own $$ on aftermarket mats that don't fit the floor board correctly when I can get factory mats for basically nothing? I just don't want to GIVE away these certificates to the dealer if I can grind them down on their usual ridiculous prices. I had Dodge/Visa send my 5-$10 certs. I don't want to give a dealer more than the equivilant of $50. If I can get them for $40-something, then I would throw in a Mopar oil filter to get the most for my $50 in certs. (they don't give change!)

Quick Reply: Factory Ram floormats at part dept; good deal?