3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

radar/jammers

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 02:19 AM
loiler921
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radar/jammers

what are your opinions on radar detectors and jammers.

i hear Valentine 1 and the Blinder xtreme jammer are excelent

Old 02-05-2007, 02:33 AM
whitey97
Professional
Default RE: radar/jammers

don't speed, don't do anything stupid and you'll save yourself a lot of unneeded money spending! in gadets and in ticket fines! just my .02

Old 02-05-2007, 12:27 PM
stump_breaker
Captain

Passive jammers do not work. Some active ones do but are illegal to have.

Best bet is to wrap your entine truck in aluminum foil, wheels and all........(not really).........
or just stop trying to beat the system. The system will win everytime - unless your OJ Simpson or Paris Hilton or (insert other celeb here), ie. have boocoos of money.

Old 02-05-2007, 12:48 PM
HuskyJazz
Professional

I just got done looking abt radar detectors last night and I found this website that seemed helpful. http://www.radarbusters.com/He also agrees that passives don't work, but some of the active ones do. The active jammers for the laser detectors are only illegal in some states, but the active ones for everything else are illegal in all states, according to the website. Best of luck!

Old 02-05-2007, 01:13 PM
damquick1
Veteran

Ihave to agree, slow down and you won't have the problem.....my dad once told me "no matter how fast your going there will ALWAYS be someone in front of you".......

Old 02-05-2007, 04:20 PM
donnyandashley
Rookie

ive always had a radar detector and the one day i forgot to switch it over to my wifes car is the day i got my ticket...i wont drive a vehicle that doesnt have a radar detctor in it.....the one i have in my ram is a cobra radar dectector thati bought at wal mart for 30 bucks and it gives me enough time to slow down without breaking real hard..just my .02