3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

06 RAM tranny failure

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 01:44 PM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 06 RAM tranny failure

When my dad bought his 97' ram brand new the tranny went out at 15k. I know its alot different than the newer rams, but my point is it can happen to any vehicle. Don't think that is a sign of long term reliablility, the next time he had to touchhis was at 150k when the tranny needed to be rebuilt.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:37 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey,
i had the exact same problem with my 06... tranny just started going craxy one week within a few days it wouldnt do anything. the truck only had 4k on it.. dealership had it for almost 2 months they replaced teh tranny called to tell me it was ready. picked it up and didnt even make it a mile down teh street **** the bed again. turns out it was teh speed control sensor was bad and what made the first tranny crap, so i made them put yet another tranny in it seeing in how i did drive a mile down the street with teh sensor messing it up. well i had the worst service with this service department and the DCC. as soo as i got my truck back i sent a letter to DCC and i also wrote a complaint on the BBB and within a week i was getting calls from the DC corporate offices asking me what my problems were and why i wrote a bbb report ( because that looks really bad). well i pay alot for teh truck ( $500 a month i was in a backwards loan with my trade in). anyways so thats was $1000 i had to pay for the 2 months they had my truck. well DC decided to send me a refund for my last 2 months payments. so i would just complain to theBBB and DCC. youll get something. they hate BBB complaints against there corporation. good luck. just know your not the only one with tranny problems on a 06. sucks

Old 02-06-2007, 02:40 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

oh yea and dodge does supply loaners if you ecide to go onto teh sales floor and start telling customers that this dealership sucks lol.... i got pissed when they wouldnt supply me aloaner. when i had my choice between a 06 ram 1500, neon, or a stratus. of course i took the ram because it was $28 a day and i had it ofr just about 50 days haha. i dont car not my money. just play the game they play with you. and you will get what you want. customers always right.

Old 02-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Claw
Rookie

Does the '06 2500 have the same tranny as the 1500? I'm just curious if my Power Wagon is susceptible to the same thing.

Quick Reply: 06 RAM tranny failure