3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Toy

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Nakedj1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Toy

Guys,

Just stummbled onto this forum and thought it would be a great place to ask a few questions. I have recently ordered a brand new 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT, Quad cab, 4WD, short box with of course the 5.7L MDS Hemi engine!!!

After receiving my new truck in a few weeks I would like to spice it up a bit. My questions are as follows:

1. What dual exhaust system would you recommend(sounds good with the MDS Hemi)?
2. What brand Stainless Steel Side Steps you would recommend?

Thanks,
Nakedj1

Old 02-05-2007, 08:04 PM
mindeee
Default RE: New Toy

I have always been a Flowmaster gal. Whether its been my mustang or my current truck ( 04 4x4 QC hemi) They always sound great.

I get tons of compliments on my truck with the flows. I also have a 2007 on order. 2500 megacab hemi 4x4. Unfortunately..flowmaster doesnt have a kit yet for the megacab...but as soon as they do, Im buying one

Old 02-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Kane

Congrats on your new Ram! I just got a 2007 Ram Hemi a few weeks back. It really depends on what type of sound your lookin for. I put a Magnaflow 12198 on mine. It sounds nice but I wish it was a lil louder. I left the front resonator in place to cut down inside noise. The wife likes it as is so Ill just leave it alone. I suggest you research around the net. listen to samples and get an idea what you want.

as for side steps. I went with the chromeMopar tubulars. made my dealer toss em in for free. they look pretty sweet!

Old 02-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Kane

oh, I also had a Rhino sprayin linerdone. looks awesome. very satisfied with the finish texture. just a thought for ya. good luck

Old 02-05-2007, 10:54 PM
Nakedj1

Thanks for all the quick replys. I have been looking on the internet and listening to sound for different exhaust systems. Just having a hard time deciding what I want to do. I currently have a 2003 Ram, and put glass packs on it. I LOVE the loud sound.

If anyone has any particular Exhaust model numbers I would welcome the suggestions as well.

The Rhino spray in liner will probably be one of my first add ons after I pick up the truck.

Lastly, I must not be a hard enough pusher, because I couldn't convince them to throw in the chrome steps sides for free, so I decided to go after market and get a nice set of Stainless steel ones that will last.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Kane

I simply told em I want the chrome tubes or Im walkin out and goin to another dealer. They responed with the ol "lemme talk to the boss, Ill be right back". They came back pretty quick with a congrats we have a deal. kinda wish I wouldve pushed for a lil more. oh well. $25K for a loaded up 4x4 Ram Hemi. I think I did pretty good

Old 02-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Thundercloud

I just bought the same truck a month ago and have tinted the front windows to match the rears, added Ventshades, a True Flow CAI, a Magnaflow SI/DO and I think it sounds great without the resonators and no drone. I am having a Speedliner installed next week and personally I like the step bars from Dodge myself, that will be next after the bedliner. Then I'll been finished with the truck for a while anyway until I need tires and buy a set of the BFG 20" All Terrains.

[IMG]local://upfiles/52422/B8F847AA7C1846958048845807D405C5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-05-2007, 11:50 PM
Kane

hey Thundercloud,

any chance you could create a sound clip of your exhaust? Id like to hear a Magnaflow setup with both resonators off. Kinda help me decide if I wanna remove my front.