3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
View Poll Results: A poll
No, they dont
23.73%
Yes, they do
57.63%
Neutral
18.64%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Toyota Trucks...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 01:32 AM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Toyota Trucks...

ORIGINAL: sspp

Was it necessary to stoop to a level below his and be a childish ******* in the process?
Just wondering...
What were you thinking saying that to a admin?

Old 02-11-2007, 01:33 AM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: NYPANAMA42

He swears by these imports.
i usually swear at them.

really though, i prefer american made vehicles, and i will never buy an import, but i understand that almost every automotive manufacturer out there has their ups and downs. they all have their pros and cons, and they all make at least one nice dependable vehicle, and i think they all make at least one vehicle that isnt worth crap.

i will say that the honda ridgeline is probably one of the ugliest and most impractical vehicles in the world. its like the laughinstock of the truck world. it does have a few cool features, like the storage compartment in the floor of the bed, but thats about it.

what is silly though is saying that certain companies have no business making a v8? thats a completely ignorant statement. its an engine configuration, give me a break! i dont like the new tundra, but i give credit where credit is due and the new tundra will be a serious competitor in the half ton truck market. will it be a serious competitor as far as work trucks go? not without a heavy duty platform and a diesel option, and even then it will take years and years for it to gain a significant market share, but for the average guy who drives it daily and just pulls a boat on the weekends or uses the bed once in a while to haul stuff, this will take a chunk out of the full size truck market thats dominated by the big 3 right now.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Ok guys, looking back I was a being sort of ignorant with my post, for which I am sorry. Now I never said that toyota and such dosnt make a good vehicle, I know they are far better than dodge in quality but I think their trucks are over rated and dont think they really have the market to make them. And on the guy who said he likes the bigger rotors, I went to dodge and toyota websites and they both said the rotors were 13.9 inches around, so we are about even there. I apologize for being so ignorant.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Ben D.
Champion

Apology accepted. i dunno about them having quality above dodge.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:35 AM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

I think they do have quality over dodge, just not power.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:41 AM
austin
Veteran

Well it does **** me off in their commercial about the Tundra. They are comparing everything from "most" mid sized trucks, then comparing it on their "full sized" Tundra. That is like comparing apples to oranges, not oranges to oranges... They should have compared most full sized trucks to thier full sized trucks, not mid sized to full sized.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Jetpig
Professional

There is no mistaking that Toyota, Honda and Nissan are all serious players in the field of 4wd, offroad and trucks. I seriously believe that these three haveforced Ford, GM and Dodge tokick it up a notch. Interiors are much more comfortable,luxurious and user friendly with all the bells and whistles of high dollar cars. They also put out a seriously dependable product with much better quality control than the domestic 3.
All that aside, I like the look of my Dodge and it is truely full size.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:48 PM
raidermike67
Veteran

Good Grief! The ignorance of some people <sigh>

The Japanese automakers surpassed American builders in overall quality of their cars years ago. It's only a matter of time with their trucks.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:50 PM
rob[GL]
All Star

I think this pretty much sums it up;

[IMG]local://upfiles/9346/7D168D77C0354B889632959FE87F5584.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-12-2007, 04:49 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

There is nothing wrong with the Ridgeline, persay. I don't care for the styling and completely disagree with Honda advertising it as a 1/2 Ton truck.

The new Toyota Tundra will have its fair share of buyers. I'm guessing it will be Toyota loyalists or a first time truck buyer. With that being said, I see a trend of buyers that aren't as "loyal" as previous generations...and for many reasons that I don't wish to discuss here. Besides, competition is beneficial to all of us. I guarantee that Dodge has already made a 6.1L MDS engine and is currently testing it and will be released in the near future in our trucks to one up everyone. I encourage all manufacturers to build a full size truck. Nissan had a few teething problems, but have sorted them out. I suspect Toyota will have a few issues as well, but still maintain thier legendary reliability. After all, this is thier third attempt if you include the T-100.

Most of the people that I know are all GM, Ford, or Dodge when it comes to full size trucks. I like Dodge and plan on buying a new MegaCab sometime in the future to replace the 2004 I had previously. I like Dodge and plan to stick with them. My Ram was the first full size truck that wasn't a Ford on both sides of my family. I ended up with it due to its looks, ride and pricing. I've been sold ever since.

Quick Reply: Toyota Trucks...