3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
View Poll Results: A poll
No, they dont
23.73%
Yes, they do
57.63%
Neutral
18.64%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Toyota Trucks...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 07:51 PM
bigjrussell
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Toyota Trucks...

Until Toyota can build a cab large enough for even a 6'-2" tall guy to drive, I will never buy anything from them. Just last year I was with my sister as she was buying her car and I sat in every new truck they had on the lot, even they're biggest SUV's. Nothing provided even close to enough head and leg room. The dash was at waist level and the wheel hit me in the stomach.Granted that was last year, and I haven't been in a new Tundra yet, but I don't care how much power they say it has or how big they say the rotors are, being able to even drive the stupid thing comes first.

I've got plenty of room in my truck, and it's just a RCSB.
rob[GL], you gotta know what I'm talking about.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:38 PM
rob[GL]
All Star

Yup, being nearly 7 feet tall makes it quite difficult to find a vehicle that I fit in comfortably. I love my RAM!

Old 02-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Phatboy
Professional

Well I stopped by and looked at the Tundra last night. The interior room is pretty cramped in the back seat of the quad cab. It looks kinda funny in real life, on the commercials it looks pretty neat, but thats all about the angles, kinda like myspace. I dont think I will be trading my 05 anytime soon.

I think Dodge will start offering the 6.1 Hemi in trucks before too long. It is a logical step.

And my daily driver is a 92 Honda Accord with 201k miles on it. I cant deny the reliability. The previous 2 accords I had, a 91 with over 320k miles, and a 93 with over 280k miles. Of course a dependable four cylinder is easy. 340 + horse V-8 will be a real test.

oh and my 92 is for sale......looking to get a civic.......

Old 02-13-2007, 12:18 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: bigjrussell

Until Toyota can build a cab large enough for even a 6'-2" tall guy to drive, I will never buy anything from them. Just last year I was with my sister as she was buying her car and I sat in every new truck they had on the lot, even they're biggest SUV's. Nothing provided even close to enough head and leg room. The dash was at waist level and the wheel hit me in the stomach.Granted that was last year, and I haven't been in a new Tundra yet, but I don't care how much power they say it has or how big they say the rotors are, being able to even drive the stupid thing comes first.

I've got plenty of room in my truck, and it's just a RCSB.
rob[GL], you gotta know what I'm talking about.
Ummmm I'm 6'2" and I wear a size 16 shoe....and I was able to drive everything Toyota has in trucks....everything Nissan had in trucks....and I sat just fine in my Dakota....

That said, every vehicle lineup has space issues. I have leg issues on virtually every car...

Old 02-13-2007, 02:27 AM
Veibz
Professional

One thing I have realized between being a member of the toyota forum from previously owning a Tundra, and the Dodge forum...is the Toyota people seem to be a much more mature class of individual. When you all start getting into these arguments of the Dodge vs the Toyota it sounds like a bunch of whiney rednecks pissed off because toyota has come out with some compeition.

Get over it. They have a GREAT product that, well, from looking at the numbers, shows to be more powerful then a hemi, and as far as reputation of quality, Dodge isnt even on the same page. I stopped at looked at the new tundras last saturday just for the hell of it. I liked it. alot. and when im done with dodge, which wont be much longer. i'll be right back in the TOYota

Old 02-13-2007, 05:01 AM
bohoram
Professional

Damn!!! You guys take your trucks waaaay too serious. I like my ram (2006 4x4 quad thunder road) but a truck is a truck is a truck. They all have their flaws yet they are all pretty much the same.
Everyone pipe down and cool off..............geez

Old 02-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Well, I am just trying to keep this thread alive right now, lol but I was hoping there would be alot more posts with this, which is kinda why I worded it the way I did.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:29 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Veibz

One thing I have realized between being a member of the toyota forum from previously owning a Tundra, and the Dodge forum...is the Toyota people seem to be a much more mature class of individual. When you all start getting into these arguments of the Dodge vs the Toyota it sounds like a bunch of whiney rednecks pissed off because toyota has come out with some compeition.

Get over it. They have a GREAT product that, well, from looking at the numbers, shows to be more powerful then a hemi, and as far as reputation of quality, Dodge isnt even on the same page. I stopped at looked at the new tundras last saturday just for the hell of it. I liked it. alot. and when im done with dodge, which wont be much longer. i'll be right back in the TOYota
yeah toyota people are sooo mature. which is why we had several members of the tundra forum come over here and post once or twice trying to convince us that the new tundra was the end all be all in the truck world.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:45 PM
bohoram
Professional

hey whackos..............keep this post alive........very entertaining

Old 02-13-2007, 11:52 PM
Ben D.
Champion

ORIGINAL: bohoram

Damn!!! You guys take your trucks waaaay too serious. I like my ram (2006 4x4 quad thunder road) but a truck is a truck is a truck. They all have their flaws yet they are all pretty much the same.
Everyone pipe down and cool off..............geez
Amen Brother, I like dodge and by far tehy are my favorite for looks and such but I do respect that Nissan and toyota make a great vehicle and the tundra will probably be a very reliable truck. But they all have their flaws. Each brand has it's issues and every maker will have a lemon that seems to always break down. but majority of vehicles are in good shape.

Quick Reply: Toyota Trucks...