3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Helix throttle body spacer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 03:11 AM
ttuguy1983
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Helix throttle body spacer?

130 bucks wasted. I put one on my 04' ram hemi single cab. and i hated it. i purchased the helix throttle body spacer kit. bad move. felt like my motor was bogged down. save the money. so not worth it for the hemi. its now in a box collecting dust. recomend a full intake that replaces air expander. gives the engine a more throatier note at higher rpms.

04 hemi sc 1500.
mods
flowmaster 40 single in dual out dumped over rear axle.
afe stage 2 high breather intake.
removed air expander and replaced with intake tube.
pioneer deck. billet grill etc...

Old 02-23-2007, 08:30 AM
02redqc
Amateur

I have a 5.9 QC 4X4. I also bought a helix spacer along with a bored out throttle body. I gotthem very cheap and don't plan on returning it whether it works, or not. I haven't installed them yet. I was deffinately skeptical about the spacer. But would the bored TB help at all?

I record HorsePower TV on DVR. Last episode I watched, they tested a dodge ram DIESEL, then added only a TB Spacer to see it they work. Theygained 9hp and 13lbs/tq at the wheels. But that was on a DIESEL.
I am not looking for more power out of the TB and TB Spacer. Only trying to eke out a little more MPG.
I am about to replace the entire exhaust system and want a setup that gains the most MPG, not just HP.
I am considering the long headers as I believe, but not sure, that they eliminate the cats. It says for off-road use only. I don't have emissions testing, so that's not an issue.
Anyone have anysuggestions or can you list mods I can due that will increase MPG.

Daniel

Old 02-23-2007, 11:22 AM
ttuguy1983
Veteran

i have heard of people getting good results from helix spacers on other vehicles. i do know it did not work for my truck and its set up.

Quick Reply: Helix throttle body spacer?