3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

OMG I am such an idiot

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007 | 01:05 PM
Jr. Mechanic
|
Grand Champion
Default OMG I am such an idiot

Ok guys, this dosnt have much to do with dodge, except the repair guy was driving a dodge van lol. Well I guessI was having a pretty off day since I was soo stupid. Ok. About a year and a half ago I had a company put in a 90 percenter furnace. Today I woke up and there was about 18 inches of snow on the ground and 28 mph winds. It was pretty cold and I looked at the thermostat and it said 59 degrees, and I usually keep it at 69. I said ok, no big deal. I got out the owners manual and checked the led lights and how they were flashing and I called the company and they sent out someone to fix it, since it is under warrenty, but I still have to pay for the service call. When he got there, the furnace would go into the warm up cycle and stay in it withought the blower kicking on. The guy spent about 10 minutes with it then went outside, got his ladder, went up on the roof and cleared away the snow from around the exaust/intake pvc. I hadnt been outside and I have a split story home (where two different hight roofs come together) and the pvc is right next to the other story. SO of course the snow found a pocket and made a 2 and a half foot drift over the pipe, causing the furnace to not suck air in. Wow. I paid for a $200 dollar service call for a guy to clear some snow off my roof. I am such an idiot, o well just thought I would post this because it is just one of those stupid common sense problem like the power window locks LOL. I still feel ripped off though...

Old 02-14-2007 | 02:10 PM
#Red
Record Breaker
Default RE: OMG I am such an idiot

Live and learn. Just look at that air intake in July and think about the $200! Stay warm. I moved south to get away from the snow. Red

Old 02-14-2007 | 05:01 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Default RE: OMG I am such an idiot

That's alright. You won't make that mistake again. It is the second time I make the same mistake I get mad at myself.

My most recent oops was a few months back when I was using the hedger to cut a bush that hides the A/C on the side of my house. I was trimming away when I hit the refrigerant line. Long story short. I spent $350 (Weekend prices of course[:@]) and a night in a hot house.

Quick Reply: OMG I am such an idiot