3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Chrysler Announces 13,000 Job Cuts. Rumor or Fact??

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 03:58 AM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chrysler Announces 13,000 Job Cuts. Rumor or Fact??

[b]This article was in todays newspaper.[/b]
Chrysler Announces 13,000 Job Cuts
5 hrs ago - For 13,000 Chrysler workers, Feb. 14 will now be known as the Valentine's Day massacre. On Wednesday, Chrysler announced its long-awaited restructuring, which included a 16 percent reduction in its work force, shift reductions, a plant closing and a surprise hint that the plan could lead to a DaimlerChrysler divorce.

I posted this earlier, but, for some unknown reason, it was moved to another section, as a rumor. But the article was in todays paper.
Hey Look, I really love my Dodge Ram. I think it's a great vehicle, but i think they need to improve on the quality of the vehicle.
I've read too many times on this forum, people experiencing redundant problems with their Power steering systems.
Recently, I asked a question about the length of the Chrysler warranty, and was told that the 7 year/75,000 mile warranty was discontinued because, it listed as one of the least things people look for, when purchasing a new vehicle.

I wonder who they surveyed? Certainly not the people who posts their problems with their vehicles on this forum.
Lets look at GM for an example, just recently they extended their warranty to 100,000 miles.
I'm under the belief, that if you stand by the quality, and workmanship of your vehicle, then you don't mind offering the extended warranty. Because your customers won't have to use it. Why? Because you make a quality product, thats why.
For example, I paid an additional $1200.00 dollars to have an extended warranty (7/75) on my Dodge Ram.

On my earlier post, i mentioned that my wife routinely purchases foreign made vehicles, because of their quality, and workmanship.
But, In addition to quality, and workmanship, We are also treated like they truly appreciate our business.
Someone mentioned Ford, on my other post. Now everyone knows about Ford and their inferior products. If you don't, let me explain.
Ford continued to make inferior products. In addition to this, their service department was lacking. They didn't take their customers seriously, and their customers showed them how they felt. They basically, stopped purchasing Ford vehicles.
Again, I love my Dodge Ram. But, these quality issues (Power steering System) need to be addressed, not only for my vehicle, but for the other Dodge Ram owners on this forum.

Old 02-16-2007, 05:26 AM
donnyandashley
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler Announces 13,000 Job Cuts. Rumor or Fact??

this is on the daimlerchrysler website Employee Impact - 13,000 employee reduction; Newark Assembly Plant to be idled, shifts eliminated and total capacity reduced by 400,000 units and here is the webstie address where i found this http://www.daimlerchrysler.com/dccom...0-0-0-0-0.html

Old 02-16-2007, 05:47 AM
bohoram
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chrysler Announces 13,000 Job Cuts. Rumor or Fact??

Like any other mass lay off, it will come down to the union workers makong too much money, if $25 an hour is too much, I dont think so. Lets mention the top management, CEO's making millions and millions more when they fire them. $50,000 a year is not much these days when supporting a family.

Quick Reply: Chrysler Announces 13,000 Job Cuts. Rumor or Fact??