3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

sorry guys, but idk bout dodge so much anymore...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 01:18 AM
Max00racer
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: sorry guys, but idk bout dodge so much anymore...

geez, my dads denali at 15,000 miles needed a new front diff...they replaced it no questions asked.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:52 AM
schmedly
Rookie

When you have had a truck short term and a few things start failing, I understand the wanting to bail. Since you have not owned since new, you really don't know how hard it was driven or how well it was maintained. I suspect that it has nothing at all to do with you or the truck. The abuse and the maintainence usually determine the durability and longevity of a vehicle. If problems persist, it may be wise to dump it and start fresh with anything else. Next time, try to get maintenance records or the name of the servicing shop. Look for signs of neglect.

Old 02-16-2007, 03:06 AM
Ben D.
Champion

honestly max if you're having problems i would look at trading/selling it when the warranty is getting close to being over. Mainly because you may have gotten a truck that will always have certain issues. Like I said before all brands have it and the odds of you getting another dodge or any truck for that matter that has problems for the second time is slim to none. My best advice trade when the warranty is up and get another ram or take a look at some other brands. I personally go off of mostly looks and power. Dodge I think looks the best and the hemi and the diesel have great power compared to the rest. Although I must say the new tundra is a rather fine piece.

Old 02-18-2007, 12:55 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

When you dont buy a vehicle new and don't personally know the previous owners there are bound to be things that were not mentioned such as driving habits, maintenance and of course straight out abuse.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:24 AM
Ben D.
Champion

^^^ that is exactly why I don't like to buy used. Because you never know how the person drove. They could have taken care of the outside but driven like a maniac and really stressed stuff out

Old 02-22-2007, 11:49 AM
Max00racer
Veteran

called the other day...its going to be in the shop for a few weeks because the part is on backorder with no release date. argggg

Old 02-25-2007, 05:11 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't go to Ford...I was loyal to Ford, owned them, praised them, since 2002 and 2004 F-150's all I did was swore at them, now I'm on the Dodge side and life has never been this good.!!

All brands of trucks will have something break, all the manufacters are concerned with is getting the product threw the warenty period, the cost's of potentail issues are factered into the cost of the product which in turn ups the cost of the product...

If are trucks are issue free, some one out thier is going to have issues, some minor, some major and it's ok to vent or ask questions or to be up set.

Before giving up on Dodge, You have to sound out a response from the dealer and 100% know what is and what is not coverd before buying any new used product.

The delars don't care abought you, Chrysler, or your self will pay one way or anothier the cost of the repairs back to the dealer,which has nothing to do with the state of your truck or how previous owners maintained it.

Old 02-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Just dump it before the warranty, like mentioned, and you should be ok. Or just buy an extended warranty and you should be covered. I've always liked Fords myself until the latest F150. It just didn't feel right. I test drove it like 3 times, and then finally decided I'd give Dodge a shot and was sold immediately.

Old 02-25-2007, 10:29 PM
CatchMyDrift05
Rookie

YOUR REAR GERNADED!!!! Damn, i've never heard of that happening to any Dodge... Will someone else back me up on this..... Bump for you to get more answers... and BUMP for that rear... Damn that sucks.......[:@]

Old 02-27-2007, 01:26 AM
Max00racer
Veteran

elease date is march 2nd...luckily i got my dads truck to drive, 04' denali xl on black 22's haha its pimpin. But, the gas tank is bigger than my rams and its coming close to empty so that kinda makes me unhappy haha.

Quick Reply: sorry guys, but idk bout dodge so much anymore...