3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

rust on bumper...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 08:11 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default rust on bumper...

I have a nasty spot of rust on the front chrome bumper of my 06 Ram, It looks like a rock chiped away the chrome finish...

I have heard using steal wool gets rid of the rust, but how can I restore the chrome finish...

Thanks...

Old 02-18-2007, 08:30 PM
glock45
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rust on bumper...

I also use #0000 (thats 4 zero) steel wool on my chrome, glass, and rims to clean them quite nicely.

The only product I could find for you was this, Plastikote Bumper Chrome. Follow their surface prep instructions and see what you get.

If that doesnt last or look like you want it to you can check with a local chrome plating shop to see what they would charge you or just purchase a new bumper.

I recently purchased a new rear bumper (some lady hit me and bent the factory one all to hell) from EBAY seller arkanelegends for half the price of anyone else.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: rust on bumper...