3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2006 RAM low speed shudder

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007 | 04:01 PM
craigdieslmac
Default 2006 RAM low speed shudder

I have a 2006 Ram 1500 with the Thunder Road package (20" wheels and Hemi). From the day I bought the truck it has had a subtle shudder at low speeds between 50-60MPH (I have 3900 miles on it now). The first time I took it in they replaced all the tires, still nothing. The second time they said there was nothing wrong.. they were wrong. I recently bought a trailer to haul around all my toys and when I tow that the shudder rattles your teeth. It is going in for service tommorrow for the third time to see if they can fix it. I see that there is a recall for wheel bearings in the front but I'm skeptical that this is the answer. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.. I could be beating a dead horse but I'm new to the forum and couldn't find anything on here about it. I appreciate any help.
Jeff

Quick Reply: 2006 RAM low speed shudder