3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tv show shows big gains from headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 11:06 AM
christopher9659
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tv show shows big gains from headers

Recently on a episode of trucks they did a banks kit upgrade on a F150 V8 gas engine I think they said this is the first non diesel kit banks has made for a truck
the results were shocking to me I am not exactly sure of the numbers but there were huge differences the base line of the truck was lets say 200 Hp on the dyno.
They then put in a ram air intake, cat back exhaust and a chip with programmer and then they dynoed it again it hit around 216 then they put just a set of headers and reprogramed the chip for premium fuel and dynoned it again and it hit around 230 is that not a huge jump for just headers and premium gas has anyone tried this on there truck I am considering doing just a pair of headers to see if that is the case

Old 03-01-2007, 08:31 PM
DeWalt378G
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tv show shows big gains from headers

I saw that episode. I did the same thing to my truck a while back, but I don't think headers alone will impress you. You also have to remember that those results are peak measurements. It is not likely you will be driving around at 4k to 5k rpm where you would feel the improvement the most. You can put on headers and may see a tad bit of performance or efficiency, depending on what headers you put on and what your goals are torque or hp. I think the key is that other improvements (intake, chip, cams, exhaust etc.) will make the most out of your headers. At least this is my experience. This may not hold true for all.There are a few real gearheads on this site, Airram and Osteodoc are a few. They may have better insight on this than myself.

Quick Reply: Tv show shows big gains from headers