3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Towing exhuast?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 04:12 AM
eagle1221
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Towing exhuast?

I have a 2005 dodge ram QC Hemi and I have dual Stainless steel flowmasters side exits. I recently went up to North Carolina from Tampa Florida and drove straight through. It wasnt as loud as I thought it was going to be and I was pulling a 28ft camper. The only bad part was since the exhuast got so hot my stainless steel exhuast turned a golden color and that was after driving 11 hours almost non stop. I had them replaced and the muffler guy said that with chrome or stainless steel if it does get way to hot that it will change color. Just something to think about. And when it does change color it looks horrible.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:27 AM
Eternalodyssey
Amateur

Had the dealership install true dual exhaustand they opted to throw on some chrome tips without asking me. Had I decided, I would have asked for brushed aluminum. Might ebay some Magnaflow tips and have someone weld them on. Last two trucks seemed to hold up well to the Magnaflow and never had to worry about color changing or anything like that.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:53 AM
BgBluRam
Captain

ORIGINAL: eagle1221

I have a 2005 dodge ram QC Hemi and I have dual Stainless steel flowmasters side exits. I recently went up to North Carolina from Tampa Florida and drove straight through. It wasnt as loud as I thought it was going to be and I was pulling a 28ft camper. The only bad part was since the exhuast got so hot my stainless steel exhuast turned a golden color and that was after driving 11 hours almost non stop. I had them replaced and the muffler guy said that with chrome or stainless steel if it does get way to hot that it will change color. Just something to think about. And when it does change color it looks horrible.
Yeah if you look in my previous picture above, you can see my chrome Flowmaster tips are turning that golden color too. It looks really bad, so I will be replacing them soon... Brushed aluminum tips? I have never seen that, might be an option though.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:41 AM
deerslayer45

Well I may be shifting gears a little bit! I was unaware that Banks makes gas kits now. I have really been looking at there monster exhaust kit. I know its a single pipe but I think its gonna give me the sound I want and performance I am looking for. What do you guys think! Oh yeah and not to mention, Thats nifty little Banks Power sticker is worth at least 6-9 horsepower

Old 03-06-2007, 01:23 PM
kharding20
Professional

Ive got dual out rear magnaflows, 4.10s and when I am pulling the race trailer thats all you get to hear is the exhaust. Honestly for a pulling truck, I would not change the exhaust, gets kinda loudish after a couple hundred miles.

Quick Reply: Towing exhuast?