3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Advice about my new (used) truck.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Bear39
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice about my new (used) truck.

I bought a 2004 Ram 1500 Hemi a couple days ago, and I am loving it. The previous owner had several large stickers on the back window which have been scraped off, but you can still see the outline of them on the glass, particularly in the sunlight. Is there anything I can do about this?

Also, I am sure this has been asked a million times here, but what do you guys prefer for an air intake kit and muffler?

Old 03-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Vegashd
Default RE: Advice about my new (used) truck.

Their is alot of things you can do, WD40 on a rag works great as well as bug and tar remover. Nothing is going to ruin the glass. Even wd40 and a srazor blade to scrape the residue will work.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:13 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

3m adhesive remover works real good.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:02 PM
usnfirefighter
Professional

I've used goo-gone to get rid of old stickers.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:51 PM
nuckingfuts22
Professional

I know what you are talking about with the stickers. First off what has happened is that acid rain has etched your glass and where the stickers were the glass is fine. What you need to do is get some really good glass cleaner and a VERY FINE!!! steel wool. Clean the glass really well, then spray more glass cleaner on the back glass and first do a small spot on the glass and see if it makes a bad spot.or if it will clear it up. Do small circles all over the glass, what this is going to do is smooth out the acid rain etched spots and give your glass a smoother look. The more you do this the better your glass will look. Dont use any rough stuff! The finer the better. I have even seen 2000 sand paper used with soapy water. Dont use a lot of preasure or you will scratch the glass instead of resurfaceing it. Good luck.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

It is very easy to remove. Just get some good adhesive remover like goo gone or something and let it sit for about five minutes. Then take a flat utility knife (used for scrapeing, can get at any hardware store) and just go back and forth on it a few times, it should get anything on there off. Good luck!!

Quick Reply: Advice about my new (used) truck.