3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

stupid kids!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 03:06 AM
Rambot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: stupid kids!!!!

This is the perfect example of why we get guys on here complaining about their used Dodge Rams. They could very well be unknowingly buying trucks with history like this one. Damn shame.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:08 AM
Ben D.
Champion

ORIGINAL: superdak05

you cant blow the tranny or rear on that truck. only one tire was spinning, no corporate rear in that truck
I dunno man still dropping into drive at what say 6 grand is gotta do some damage to the tranny.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:51 AM
Sicko

I think I would kill them!!! This is why kids get their own cars...

My guess is the parents are just asintelligent as their retarded son. Usually works out that way.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:25 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

My son is 5, If I catch him in my truck he will not see the age of 6. Parents need to make kids be responsible for there own vehicles. I halready have a 1972 Mach-1 for my son and at the rate of my fixing it up, should be done around his 16th b-day. Hoping to get him a 4x4 as a daily driver.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:37 AM
motorider228
Champion

Ha atleast it's not my truck in that vid. Being 19 with no kids and no spouse, no one but me drive my truck. I would kill someone if they did that to my truck and that kid needs to learn how to do a cool burn out, that was one of the gayest things I have ever seen.

Old 03-05-2007, 05:50 AM
65Catalina
Rookie

yeah, i mean, im only 16, and i admit, ive done some stupid things, but nothing that dumb! haha and it wasnt even a good burnout... I think that kid was the result of inbreeding or something haha I hope i never have kids that turn out like that

Old 03-05-2007, 06:04 AM
02redqc
Amateur

ORIGINAL: 65Catalina

yeah, i mean, im only 16, and i admit, ive done some stupid things, but nothing that dumb! haha and it wasnt even a good burnout... I think that kid was the result of inbreeding or something haha I hope i never have kids that turn out like that
No offense to you personally, 65Catalina, but kids that age GENERALLY simply don't know any better due to lack of experience. They don'thave any respect for ANYTHINGbecause they haven't had to work forit YET. Let him start making payments on a vehicle with money that he had to WORK to get, and things will probably be different. Yes parents have a lot to do with it. Unfortunately, it is nearly impossible to raise kids with proper respect today due to so much detrimental outside influence/interference, mostly from our puplic school system and govornment TEACHING our kids to be this way.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:18 AM
motorider228
Champion

02redqc, when I was 16 my mom used to let me take out her lexus gs300 and my dad always let me take his 5.9 ram and I never did anything like that, never even burned out or fish tailed in either. Only vehicles I ever drove like an idiot were things I paid for so you can raise kids to respect things they don't pay for. I actually have more respect for other people's belongings than my own.....

Old 03-05-2007, 07:06 AM
02redqc
Amateur

Then you are one of the few that actually had good teaching parents. And from the auto's that you mentioned, well, apparently you were a bit higher up the "well-to-do" list than the average 16 year old.
Such "classes" TEND to have better upbringing than the norm, so that is not out of the ordinary. This kid was probably middle to lower (more likely) income "class". That, or he is simply an idiot.

Old 03-05-2007, 12:12 PM
abarmby
Champion

BenD I don't believe it would be6 grand.
The rev limitter kicks in way below that figure, when reving in neutral.
That's a safguard feature set by software in the PCM.
It was probably around 3 to 3500 rpm.
However your right. It's still WAY too much to just slam it in drive.
That kid needsan as* kickin'.
I bet his dad eventually see's that video on UTube..............
Ha ha ha, now that would be a laugh!!!!!
A posting on UTube of a kid gettin' his as* handed to him.

Quick Reply: stupid kids!!!!