3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tire shine making truck dirty

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 05:45 PM
BgBluRam
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tire shine making truck dirty

ORIGINAL: 05RedDevil

ORIGINAL: jcarbonell13

I use Mequires "Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Coating" and let it sit for 15 minutes before I roll off...Never had any of it spray off on my truck..

http://www.meguiars.com/?tire-care/H...s-Tire-Coating
I will agree with jcarbonell 13, I have tried several types and this seems to work the best for me. It reminds me of aerosol hairspray to me. I spray my tires first then allow it to dry/set up as I detail the rest of my ride and then when I drive off it stays put.
Exactly like aerosol hairspray! haha, but if you have big tires in the 33"+ expect to go through a can of that stuff every time you detail it. The McGuiars Tire Foam coats a lot more, but it does fling a little. I just drive it around for a day or two, then whipe off the 'excess fling' with a wet chamois.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:08 PM
BRINKLEY
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tire shine making truck dirty

I found using an applicator (from wal mart or auto zone) works the best for me. Its just a piece of curved foam and it keeps you from spraying too much on. It also keeps you from spraying it on your wheel and keeps you from having overspray get on your truck. Its only about $1.50 and well worth it imo. I use meguiars as well.

Quick Reply: tire shine making truck dirty