3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Project Photos from the Body Shop

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 11:20 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Project Photos from the Body Shop

Where are you located in Cali? I'm in San Diego. Btw, Nice looking rig!

Old 03-15-2007, 12:59 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sweet!

Old 03-15-2007, 01:01 AM
FastForwardWheels
Professional

I'm located in Alhambra a few minutes on the outskirts of Los Angeles . . . .

The cost of the project I'm sure is more than most of you would approve so I'm not sure I should share that information. I mean I'm willing to pay the bill for the fantastic job. When it comes to body work I don't get cheap.... I get comps for the paint on my Pcar, then again I paid over 7K for the paint alone, not that I would expect to pay that much for what I'm having done on the truck but then again..... [sm=happy046.gif]You usually get what you pay for.

The project is expected to be done either this weekend or by very early next week.

I'll be certain to post photos once the project is complete...

-Eli

Old 03-15-2007, 01:18 AM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You indicated $7K for the paint job. Is that the price for a typical paint job on the west coast?
I live on the East coast, and i was thinking about painting my truck, becuase the paint job done by Chrysler was inferior.
What should i ask for? What should i look for?

Old 03-15-2007, 01:22 AM
Ben D.
Champion

I'm just curious panama is there really anything about your truck that you like? Not trying to start a fight but seems like every time i see something from you it's about something you don't like or that chrysler did poorly?. If it's that bad I'd get rid of it

Old 03-15-2007, 01:46 AM
FastForwardWheels
Professional

ORIGINAL: NYPANAMA42

You indicated $7K for the paint job. Is that the price for a typical paint job on the west coast?
I live on the East coast, and i was thinking about painting my truck, becuase the paint job done by Chrysler was inferior.
What should i ask for? What should i look for?
For my Porsche I paid $7,500 for a job that would have normally cost $10,000..... For this job I'm sure once all the little things I keep adding on will come out to maybe $5,000 give or take....

I'm sure you can find 100's of shops who will charge less than 2K but then you'll look like you paid 2K....

I'm sure some will say I should have just opted for the SRT-10 to begin with, NOW that's something I actually thought about but then the price of gas isn't getting any better around here so I just felt the Hemi with the MDS was the middle market for what I was looking for....

Because the organge peel on the factory paint is so apparent they are going to shot some clear and color sand the truck away.....

-Eli

Old 03-15-2007, 01:56 AM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker

Ben D, no problem at all. I am not offended, by your comment. I like perfection. Sure there are alot of things on my Ram that i think Dodge could improve on. For example the paint job.....I believe they could have done a better job on the painting of the vehicle.
And judging from this forum, I am not the only one who feels that way. There's a guy on here who just posted about his paint job. It's on page one of the forum, check it out for yourself.
I also think the AC system needs improvement also.......And these are just things that i think Dodge can improve on, to make their vehicles second to none...........

Old 03-15-2007, 03:36 AM
Ben D.
Champion

I was just wondering because mainly i'm not a brand loyal persona at all and I do expect perfection from a vehicle. And who woudln't??? you pay 30k plus for something it shoudl be perfect.And I guess to me if a truck gave me as much problmes i'd ditch it and get something else. I do agree though the paint at least shoudl be good. I have a black jeep wrangler and it drives me nuts almost evertimeI wash it new scratches show up. I think this will be my last black vehicle. Dont' mind washing a lot to keep clean but seeing all the scrathches just bugs the heck outta me.

Old 03-15-2007, 06:08 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker

A pal of mine, owns a Mercedes Benz. Dude they must paint those vehicles 5 times because, after a couple of years the paint still looks new, and this guy does alot of driving. My truck is 5 years old, and I'm always touching it up with touch up paint.
I don't know about you, or anyone else on this forum, but i think they could have done a better job on the paint.....

Old 03-16-2007, 03:26 AM
FastForwardWheels
Professional

Went into the shop today and here is what I found......

[IMG]local://upfiles/57316/F9B930A942BE44BD8DB418975AA93620.jpg[/IMG]

By the way, thanks to the guys on the boards I also opted for the Night Runner headlights, they were ordered today NEXT DAY and will arrive tomorrow... They need to finish the scoop, the piece between the bumper, mirrors and headlights... I'm going to change the look of those wheels very soon.... I haven't found what I'm looking for...

Hopefully things will sum up by Saturday, outside of the wheels of course.

-Eli

Quick Reply: Project Photos from the Body Shop