3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Project Photos from the Body Shop

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 06:00 AM
FastForwardWheels
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Photos from the Body Shop

Went into the body shop to see how my truck is coming along. . . .

Getting the sport hood fitted and painted, then also went ahead and had the grill painted, the bumpers striped and painted. Here is a photo of the car being prepared for paint, they said it's best to paint far back in order to blend the paint in perfectly.... They do flawless work as they've done 3 other cars for me. They do custom cars so they have been trusted with my BMW M3, Jaguar, a Porsche and now this truck...... They are also going to paint the mirrors and possible install some forward lights.. You'll see.....

I'll post final results as they complete my ride.....

-Eli

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...k/SANY1861.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...k/SANY1860.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...k/SANY1859.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...k/SANY1858.jpg

Old 03-07-2007, 06:02 AM
FastForwardWheels
Professional
Old 03-07-2007, 06:14 AM
Hemi402
Default RE: Project Photos from the Body Shop

when do you plan on finnishing it?

Old 03-07-2007, 12:27 PM
cr80renob
Captain

How much is all this costing you? Can't wait to see it when it's done!

Old 03-07-2007, 01:02 PM
nathanp
Captain

wanna lend some of us some of that spare cash u seem to have haha jk. Thats gonna look sick, cant wait to see it done!

Old 03-07-2007, 05:08 PM
HemiMan02
Professional

I agree that it will look good. As far as the shop goes I wouldnt consider them a quality body shop. If you wanted it done right they should have removed the mirriors, door handles, and window mouldings. Eventually the paint will start to peel in those areas and look like junk. Thats just my opinion though. Around here we call that an "ut oh better get macco" or "butcher" job.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:16 AM
FastForwardWheels
Professional

Thanks for all the feedback guys.... Just looking to get things the way I want them... Considering what my other project set me back I'm sure I'll be in for less than 1/4 of that on this truck.....

I just stopped in at the shop and they moved my truck outside since it's been hot these past two days... (California)

Here are a couple of snaps I took of them performing a color sand. They had two guys working on it so I'm sure the project is going full-speed.The guy on the hood has been there for quite some time (years and years) so I'm happy to see he's heading the project today.

Hopefully the project will be completed within the week.... Notice the grill inserts.... they were removed, prepared, primed, painted and coated. I know it kina looks like crap at this stage but I wanted you to see it through all stages. Also take a look at the rear bumper, I had the chrome removed and painted to match as well... They removed both bumpers so they could have the chrome removed from a 3rd party person.

I'll check in on them in a couple more days.....

-Eli

[IMG]local://upfiles/57316/32AF34B2EAEC4B9D9799B7FB4CF320DD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/57316/D74647E2A740413CB9B4F865CE555037.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/57316/8EE29D68D4514F3D94D1308E57252AD5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-14-2007, 04:01 AM
HemiMan02
Professional

I dont know about you but I would be pretty upset to see that guys big hand pushing downn on my hood like that. If you look closly you can see where its caving in. Your body shop is horrible. You should have the hood off to do that as well as the grill. I wouldn't be happy.

Old 03-14-2007, 05:30 AM
FastForwardWheels
Professional

ORIGINAL: HemiMan02

I dont know about you but I would be pretty upset to see that guys big hand pushing downn on my hood like that. If you look closly you can see where its caving in. Your body shop is horrible. You should have the hood off to do that as well as the grill. I wouldn't be happy.
I'm not worried at all, I know it seems like he is but I was there and nothing was damaged. They actually color sand all the way back to the doors to make sure the hood is blended.... Yah, kinda funny watching them sand things that were perfect... But hey they don't question me when it comes to wheels so I don't question them when it comes to body work....

I've personally had them work on a BMW M3, Jaguar X, Porsche 911 and now this one..... Trust me this is probably the least expensive off the show-room they've done for me to date. I'm not worried at all.... They do custom work such as low riders with these crazy-multi colored layers with flakes etc. etc..... Mine is a piece of cake...

-Eli

Old 03-14-2007, 08:58 PM
BigSwede
Professional

I like what you are doing with the truck taking it to all black. I want to have my grille, front bumper and rear bumper all redone in the same color as the rest of the truck as well. I just need to find the time and money to do it. The grill will probably get done around the same time as my hood.....

Frank

Quick Reply: Project Photos from the Body Shop