3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

anyone have problems with fedex?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 11:31 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have problems with fedex?

this is the second time out of im not even sure but slim to none that fedex has given me problems. the tracking option on there website told me taht 2 packages for my truck were suppose to come today so i was sitting around waiting for them to come. thought id be able to install them. well both packages left one town about 30 mins away southat7 am and were out on delivery. now all of a sudden one of the packages is 45 mins north of here and the other one is still "out on delivery". neither have made it to my door. normally i wouldnt care except for the fact that im planning on going on a week long trip within the next few days. however UPS has never given me a problem and has always been right on point with their tracking.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:08 AM
tpowell3499
Default RE: anyone have problems with fedex?

Take my advice whenever you order something request it to be shipped UPS. They have better control over pkg delivery than any off their competition. ( I work there.)

Old 03-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Brad426
Professional

Unless you shipping from the USA to Canada or CAnada to the USA. UPS is the biggest rip off going. I had ordered $12.00 worth of R/C boat parts from a company in Florida to be MAILED USPS to me in Toronto. Not much to ask. The Shipper sent the "envolope" by UPS by mistake. I got a call from UPS (Canada) asking how would I like to pay the $92.65 shipping fee. WHAT?????. Get this...........The vendor pre-paied the UPS fee in the USA. There was a $40.00 UPS fee fpr processing the customs and collection the 15% in taxes and the delivery from Vancouver to Toronto. What was it doing in Vancouver on the other side of the county? UPS says that happens to be where it crossed into Canada........?

Needess to say I refused to take delivery and told them they could returnm it. A month later I received an invoice from UPS in New Brunswik, Canada for $185.85 for the shipping and return of the $12.00 parts because I refused delivery. I told UPS that they could recticaly file the invoice. I have had great sucess with Canada Post and USPS. You can now track thing on line with USPS and the price is right and I do my own customs processing. Heads up dude!

Old 03-10-2007, 11:46 PM
kpj5br
Rookie

US Postal is the ONLY way to go!! (yes, like tpowell works at UPS, I work at USPS)

Old 03-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Brad426
Professional

I'm not knocking any companies. Just sharing my story & experances. Within each country DHL, UPS, FedEx and all the others run a pretty go show but, my experance has been when it comes to crossing the boarder between Canada and the USA nothing "flys like an Eagle or swims like a Beaver" LOL.
USPS or Canada Post. By the way. GrayHound and some other bus companies have some very good rates and can take stuff upto 6 feet long. Check it out. P.S. I don't work for Gray Hound Bus....lol

Old 03-13-2007, 08:25 PM
bigjrussell
Captain

Every time that I've had something delivered by UPS in the last 3 months it has been out for delivery from 7:00 AM until they finally deliver it to my door no earlier than 7:30 P.M. Pretty inconvenient, especially since I live in an apartment complex where the office closes at 5. If I don't stick around my place and wait for them, then I get a nice little sticker which means I won't get my package for another 2-3 days unless I want to go to their hub and pick it up in person. If I wanted to do that, I would have just gone out and paid more for what I ordered and stayed local. Not really the biggest problem, but shipping is supposed to be convenient. USPS's tracker doesn't even work, really. Every time I've had something shipped through USPS, the tracker stays on the "Electronic Shipping info has been received" until after I get the damn package. I've just given up on trying to completely trust any shipper. Just needed to let all that out to get on with my day.</rant>

Old 03-13-2007, 09:45 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My mom sent us a package for xmas a few years back. FedEx guaranteed a xmas eve delivery. Tracking showed that it had been delivered, but no package. Come xmas morning, no package. So we went driving out to where there was a similiar named street that had caused problems before. No package. Day AFTER xmas it gets delivered. Between me and my mom we lit'em up on both ends. Personally, I think they ALL suck but are a necessary evil to get things done.

Quick Reply: anyone have problems with fedex?