3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Engine and ETC light/ truck stalling, need help!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 12:22 PM
NRAlawdog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Engine and ETC light/ truck stalling, need help!?

Javier,

Did you go to the dealer? What happened with this? I'm getting the exact same codes myself now. I just cleaned my air filter, (extremely dirty), and my check engine light went out. Still waiting to see if I get the flashing ETC anymore though.

Old 04-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Boaski

I posted a response in the Durango pages about problems I'm having with my 2004 1500 4x4 hemi. In short the thing hesitates when the gas pedal is just off idle, stalls at random at low speed and makes a funny clunk in the transmission when you let off the gas pedal quickly. The dealer said the the throttle body was bad. They were back ordered for a month due to high demand. Chrysler refuses to warrantee the problem since the part isn't internally lubricated. Read the NHTSA pages about Rams and Durangos with the 5.7 hemi. Big problem, Chrysler refuses to own up to it.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Boaski

Well, Chrysler finally agreed to have the throttle body replaced for a $50.00 deductable. I had the work done yesterday morning. Before I had 20 miles on the truck the check engine light was back on and the truck was surging when the gas pedal was held at a steady position just off idle. I finally found the part that will fix it...a 2007 GMC should be here today. I hope you all have better success with your Dodge trucks than I have.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:59 PM
nathanp
Captain

sounds exactly like mine..... they told me it was a faulty EGR valve, and they are going to do a tune up on it wich purges the injectors, clean and service the electronical throttle body, and new plugs with plug wires as well. hopefully that takes care of it

Old 04-18-2007, 06:18 PM
pbraun69

I had same problems and codes they reflashed pcm that worked for a couple days. Took it back and they said it was a bad pcm and replaced under warranty even though the 3/36 is up because it is an emission part, been fine ever since and mine is an o3 with 40k on it. I would bet you have same problem.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:14 PM
hemination03

I had the same problem. The dealer said the throttle body needed to be replaced. So I left to think about the 400.00 charge for a few days and decided to clean the throttle body. It worked and have had no more codes for over a month. Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: Engine and ETC light/ truck stalling, need help!?