3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need a suggestion on ding removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Foiled
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a suggestion on ding removal

Background un needed but I still want to tell the story.

I went to the supermarket on a very windy day so I parked far away from the store where people normally do not park to avoid the shopping carts. When I was parking I saw a man putting his bags in his Ford F250 not far from me. I figured because he had parked out as far as I did he was thinking the same thing as me and I didn't think much of it.

When I got back to my truck there was a cart next to the passenger side. I went and looked and the cart had put a small ding behind the rear wheel well. I guess that guy left his cart and the wind blew it into my truck.

I can get to the rear of the dent and I was wondering what the best way to get this out is. There is not a sharp edge on the dent it has a very slight edge in it and it is quarter sized or maybe a little larger but smaller then half dollar size. Is there some way to use something on the back side of the dent to push it out?

Old 03-13-2007, 04:27 PM
mazz
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need a suggestion on ding removal

If you have a paintless dent repair place, take it to them. They have the tools and know-how. I had a door ding in my driver's door that was pretty bad. This guy worked on it for about 15 minutes and even I could not see where the dent had ever been. Best $45 I ever spent. If you don't know what you are doing, you can end up making things worse.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:08 PM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Need a suggestion on ding removal

I like the above advice. Don’t fool around and possibly mess up the paint. Red

Quick Reply: Need a suggestion on ding removal