3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:55 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

HID Install help

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 02:21 AM
TraptuR
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HID Install help

thanks

Old 07-18-2007, 11:03 AM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

9008 and h13 are the same connection.... 9007y and h13 are a little different. both have 3 pins but h13 has smaller pins in a straight line inside the connectors and the 9007 has a staggered orientation in the connectors...... ive heard only bad things about ditching the relay harness. the relay harness is suppoised to protect the rest of the wiring in the car if something happens to go wrong with the ballast, like shorting out..the hid uses alot of power for the initial igniterfor the bulb. but then uses way less than a halogen. so the 2 20 amp fuses on the relay harness arent always enough. i used 2 30 amp and it works fine doesnt licker at all..... the only thing ive noticed is the refecltor in the headlight housing on a ram is terrible for hid it doesnt focus any of the light and glares like crazy. ive been looking into projectors for my truck to make it look and work better.... i mean it looks ok just doesnt really work like a real hid headlight.... just crazy light in all directions

Old 07-18-2007, 11:13 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

my bad, from sylvanias replacement guide, i use 9008 not 9007...must have read it wrong...but thank you for the clarification!

as for projectors, i wouldnt want any for my truck. i like my n/r headlight housings. guess ill head back to the dak section and see if anyone is havin problems with directing the light from hids...thanks again

Quick Reply: HID Install help