3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

vibration after snow with 20" rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 02:00 AM
somerandomguy175
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: vibration after snow with 20" rims

i posted a thread not to long ago about my same problem...but i found out it was a busted belt on my driver side tire!!!! yikes a good waste of 250 bucks

Old 03-18-2007, 02:12 PM
dillyw
Professional

Maybe the rims should be rebalanced my friends car not truck was doing this last winter so he thought the same thing the snow because got better after he would clean them out , a week later he got new snow tires and they had a problem with one rim that was damaged a bit and bent , the shope said that was definetley the problem . He ended up buying 4 winter rims and the problem was gone. Later found out hie girlfriend ran into a curb and didnt tell him . So its possible one of your rims could be damaged , hopefully NOT. Also make sure all your weights are on .

Old 03-18-2007, 11:00 PM
kpj5br
Rookie

I've had this also, but only after going through REALLY deep snow, just cleaning them out or letting them thaw corrects the vibration (provided your tires/wheels were balanced to begin with).

Quick Reply: vibration after snow with 20" rims