3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

IS THIS THE CHEAPEST ONE

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 02:18 AM
tailgatedrinkin
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS THIS THE CHEAPEST ONE

im looking for the lowest priced tri-fold soft tonneau cover. so far the cheapest one ive found is $189.00 plus $49.00 shipping. is there a cheaper one out there that i havent found or is this a good deal??

Old 03-18-2007, 01:21 PM
tailgatedrinkin
Professional
Default RE: IS THIS THE CHEAPEST ONE

ok so 34 people have read this so far, and no responce!!!! come on help a fellow dodge guy out!!!!

Old 03-18-2007, 02:58 PM
neveuxpr
Amateur

It all depends on the brand, but I just researched and purchased a regular soft tonneau and that appears to be a good price for the tonneau you've found. Search ebay. I bought alot of my mods there for good prices brand new.

Old 03-18-2007, 03:11 PM
tailgatedrinkin
Professional

yeah thats where i found the lowest price on one so far. i think im going to call them on monday and order one. ill be moving back to oklahoma here shortly and could really use the extra (dry) cargo space! have you tested yours out at a car wash yet? does it have a good seal? also i saw you have the k&n filter, was that worth the money?

Old 03-18-2007, 03:13 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star

Tarps are about $20 at home depot... it all depends on what you are looking to do... are you just interested in a short term, tattered the first time there is snow weight or heavy rain, or something that can hold up to the elements. Like in most things, you get what you pay for. I paid like $230 for mine and it is awesome (Lerado something or other, no bars, rolls up with the tonneau, velcro sides, doesn't move doesn't flop... looks sweet). And since I bought it at a store (meaning tax and s&h included), it is about at the same amount that you seem to be spending.

Old 03-18-2007, 03:19 PM
tailgatedrinkin
Professional

no im looking for long term, but needing the extra cargo space is a good excuse for the wife to let me get one!! it looks like the roll up ones are a little cheaper, but im sold on the tri fold models because of the one piece design and ease of install and removal!!! i see you also have the flashpaq tuner, was that worth the money? what kind of gains did you get? easy to install? any downsides to it?

Old 03-18-2007, 04:16 PM
neveuxpr
Amateur

I purchased an Extang Tuff Tonno from ebay for under 200 shipped and I love it...looks really good. It seals pretty well except for two small spots on each end of the tailgate where the stock tailgate spoiler leavesa little space. Otherwise it stays perfectly dry. I did install the drop in filter and cannot say I've seen much performance out of it. For about $40, I always replace the stock filter in my vehicles regardless with a K&N. I was recently looking into a CAI though.

Old 03-18-2007, 04:24 PM
tailgatedrinkin
Professional

under $200!!! now when you say regular, what exact model are you talking about? the roll up or hinged or tri fold? i was looking into getting a CAI, i put a post up about it on here as well, a guy responded to it and had a website were they tested stock vs modified intakes. very suprising results! i would suggest you take a look at it before you spent the money on the CAI, after i looked at that web page with the dyno results it looks like the best bang for your buck is the stock air box with the k&n air filter drop in.

Old 03-18-2007, 04:36 PM
neveuxpr
Amateur

www.truckaddons.com for $195 shipped. I bought the Extang Tuff Tonneau which has the j-rail, no snaps and has a rotating rear rail so it can flip back to connect and snap down to tighten. It is a roll up with three supports in the bed. It's a bit tough to tighten in the winter unless the tarp's been in the sun for a while but it's well worth the money for me.

Old 03-18-2007, 05:57 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star

I have never had a leak, even in the driving rains of New England... never taken it through a car wash, but during flooding rains (usuaual amount of rain this winter) it didn't leak once. K&N CAI is a great purchase, instant gains, plus it sounds cool. The SC Flashpaq is the first upgrade that I bought for the truck and I love it. A monkey could be taught how to use it... plus it is updatable through your computer (so when you make upgrades it will change your programming, and get the OEM computer updates)

Quick Reply: IS THIS THE CHEAPEST ONE