3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Heartthrob exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 02:08 AM
Cordoba man
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heartthrob exhaust

I was wondering if anyone on here has tried the heartthrob dual cat back exhaust?http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts...A2895A0A0.aspx
It looks sweet as it's straight pipes back to the tips, so you could just put on regular tips instead of the glass packs.
I'm looking for something that sound a little like old headers and thrush, not just a missing muffler. You know, kinda quiet until you step on it.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:07 PM
tailgatedrinkin
Professional
Default RE: Heartthrob exhaust

that exhaust system has a glass pack type muffler?? if your truck has the mds i wouldnt get that style muffler, you really dont want something that is loud in the cab cause these trucks are very different with aftermarket exhaust because of the mds. i would suggest the 50series flowmaster then run dual pipes out the back.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:10 PM
theHemiBeast
Professional

ORIGINAL: tailgatedrinkin

that exhaust system has a glass pack type muffler?? if your truck has the mds i wouldnt get that style muffler, you really dont want something that is loud in the cab cause these trucks are very different with aftermarket exhaust because of the mds. i would suggest the 50series flowmaster then run dual pipes out the back.
Did you keep the resonator under the cab on your setup? I am planning on doing something similar, but I was intending on getting the Flowmaster 40's and running duals out the back. I was thinking that by keeping the front resonator on, this will help to keep the interior resonance down. I like the sound of the 50s, but I am looking for a slightly louder setup (at least from the outside).

Old 03-19-2007, 02:21 PM
tailgatedrinkin
Professional

i took off both of the resonators and have the 50series and it has that deep "truck sound" im really happy with it. its not bad inside the cab when your putting around town but when you step on it you know its a HEMI.

there was a guy at the muffler shop when i was getting mine done. he has the same truck and he went with the 40series and left the front resonator on. its actually quieter then mine and is a little more high pitched.

whatever you do DO NOT use the 40series and take off both resonators thats what i did at first and had to change it because it was way too loud in the cab, and sounded horrible at high rpms!!!! also the mds sound annoyed the hell out of me

Old 03-19-2007, 02:58 PM
theHemiBeast
Professional

ORIGINAL: tailgatedrinkin

i took off both of the resonators and have the 50series and it has that deep "truck sound" im really happy with it. its not bad inside the cab when your putting around town but when you step on it you know its a HEMI.

there was a guy at the muffler shop when i was getting mine done. he has the same truck and he went with the 40series and left the front resonator on. its actually quieter then mine and is a little more high pitched.

whatever you do DO NOT use the 40series and take off both resonators thats what i did at first and had to change it because it was way too loud in the cab, and sounded horrible at high rpms!!!! also the mds sound annoyed the hell out of me
wow, I may have to reconsider which muffler to go with. I want the rumble or truck sound, but not the interior resonance. This high pitch noise was also happening on my Charger.

Since you took off both resonators, where did you place the muffler? Toward the front? Middle or closer to the back? Thanks for the input! This is actually helping me a great deal in my choice!

Old 03-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Cordoba man
Professional

Mine doesn't have MDS, so that's not a problem. I'm from Canada, so I just have the cat and muffler. It sounds good in the cab, but it's not any louder outside. I figure that this one with the straight pipes and just glass packs on the tips would let the sound right out the back. Am I wrong?
I read customer reviews and none of them said about noise in the cab, but they all said it sounded sweet. That was all different cars and trucks though, I was hoping to hear more from anyone having heard this on a hemi ram.
My old Cordoba with the 440 had an H-pipe and dual thrush turbo 400 and then out the back. It sounded fantastic outside especially out the back, but it really resonated inside at around 2000rpm cruising speed. I think it was all coming through the trunk though. I could hardly listen to tunes.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:32 PM
tailgatedrinkin
Professional

i would say to go with the 50series and run the pipes out the back. my muffler is exactly where the stock muffler was.

when i had the 40series on the truck it was really loud in the cab and sounded really high pitched at high rpms.. but i also had turn downs right after the muffler when i had the 40series on it. i know thats why it was so loud in the cab. but not sure if thats why it sounded so bad at high rpms??

YOU REALLY NEED TO THINK ABOUT THIS THOUGH.... like i said earlier these trucks have the MDS so you really dont want a exhaust set up that you can hear that much in the cab, cause if you do the change in the sound (like a helicopter) will annoy the hell out of you when the MDS kicks on and off

Quick Reply: Heartthrob exhaust