3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

5.9 build up questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 03:22 AM
KotaSport00
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.9 build up questions

Hey guysI have a couple of questions that requires some of yall's expertice. I plan on building a 360 for my Ram, the plan is to find a wrecked Ram. Hopefully a 1998- 2003. Use the motor from that truck to build for my 2002. My buddy did almost the exact same thing but is now having alot of sensor problems and the truck doesn't run well at all. As far as the build, I plan to have the block machined, new pistons, cam, heads, intake, roller rockers. The hole nine yards. So I guess what I'm asking is how do I prevent myself from running into the same sensor problems that my buddy is having. Also are there any books that will help me with the process (I was looking at the Mopar Magnum book from Mopar Performance).I've rebuilt a ton of old Chevy's and some other older truck motors but nothing this new, I really don't want to screw my truck up! Thanks for any help guys!!!

Old 03-19-2007, 09:41 AM
hemifever
SPONSOR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 5.9 build up questions

If you're going into your engine that deep, get a 408 stroker package and pcm programming to help w/ all the potential sensor issues. This forum is FULL of 408 setups that run strong. http://www.bionicdodge.com/bionic/index.php?board=2.0

Quick Reply: 5.9 build up questions