3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HEMI vs newer civic SI

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 04:32 AM
da92gs87
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HEMI vs newer civic SI

Spring Break is in full effect today down here in Florida. Sunny, warm, not a cloud in the sky. Traffic backed up for miles on SR 98 with old people making it even slower.

As the day goes by, I decide to leave the beach and head back to my doom room to take a shower. Sand gets in places you don't want it to be, you reak of salt water, and the sun burn gets worse.

After my much needed shower and the sun burn cream is on the neck, I head back down to the Destin Commons. The traffic has now depleated enough to where you are not stuck at the same stop light 3-4 times. So I make it back to Sr 98 East once again, towards the mall.

I set the cruise at 60mph once i hit the 55mph part of SR 98. Silverstein playing in the background, fresh Newport burning, and the fresh night air make it a nice drive. That is untill i see headlights, out of no where, comming up behind me sort of quickly.

I do not pay any attention to it at first, untill the Silver SI is beside me. I think to myself, "Are you kidding me right now? Way to ruin a nice drive.... Well, i haven't had any fun in a long time." So I take a glance over to my prey and figure he is all stock and I give the "nod". He replies with a down shift and there we both are at 60mph... waiting... more waiting.

I guess we both had it figured that we were going to go on 3 beeps, even though we did not say anything to eachother. Beep (I am ready)... Beep (try not to jump)... Beep (here we go!). As i lay down on the throttle, I feel my automatic transmition down shift and hear the growl of the magnaflow start to get louder.

I jump ahead instantly by atleast 3/4 car lengths. Soon as I hit 90mph he is about 2 car lengths behind me. OH ****!!! What is this ahead of us comming up fast? Of course, some old people pulling onto the highway from the beach. Soon as I figure out I'm not going to die tonight and he isnt going to catch up, I shut her down.

The SI must have done the same because he did not do the fly-bye pass on me. Woops, i spoke too soon, here he comes hauling *** past me on the bridge. I think to myself once again, " Hmm, this is not worth it right now." We then both go on our merry ways, untill i get stuck behind some more slow as turd old people having there Sunday drive, on a Saturday night.

The Vehicles:
newer Civic SI
appered and sounded to be stock

2003 Ram 1500 5.7 HEMI STD cab 2x4
Magnaflow exhaust
K&N 77 Series

Cliff:s
Nice night to drive
Ruined by a SI
HEMI > K20
Old People > Me afterwards

Old 03-25-2007, 04:43 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HEMI vs newer civic SI

Pretty much this is how it goes....

Anything > k20....

Nice story though! My girl drives a Civic, I actually, kind of, like driving it.

Old 03-25-2007, 06:12 AM
da92gs87
Professional

I must confess too. My first 4 vehicles were imports. '94 civic ex, '93 Accord ex, 91 & 93 Integra. Then a '96 Cherokee sport. Now i own the Ram

Old 03-25-2007, 07:01 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion

I don't mind Civics except for those who try to make them into Formula 1 cars... you know, sounding all ricey and ****. But other than that... it's a "cute" little car. My second car was Civic, my first was a Caprice Classic which caught on fire on the freeway, my 3rd was a BMW which I gave away to a friend (1989 525i) my 4th was a Honda C-RV my 5th was a 2006 1500 3.7l v6 and my 6th is my brand new 2007 1500 5.7l HEMI Laramie... my fave by far!!!

Old 03-25-2007, 11:39 AM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker

i love how elaborate your story is , and sunburn sux you just dont wana move and you feel bad

Old 03-25-2007, 03:08 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

How is Destin these days, i used to be stationed down there, kinda miss it sometimes. 98 just blows goats bad in the spring and summer, pretty much from Pensacola all the way to P-city.

Old 03-25-2007, 03:17 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

the new civic si's arent really that quick at all. the older hondas used to be the best to hook up ( if you do it cleanly not rice it out) but the newer hondas are getting more round looking every year and they look like a chicks car. not something somebody would wnat to really do anything with.why spend that money on a slow car when you could spend a little more for an evo or sti and have a fast *** little car.

Old 03-25-2007, 05:17 PM
da92gs87
Professional

Don't get me wrong, I am into the import scene. It's just that, like you have said, the clean look is what i like.

Destin is still Destin, expensive to live in and crazy during spring break. Were you stationed at Hurby or Eglin? I'm here at Eglin.

Old 03-25-2007, 05:21 PM
JRH_PowerWagon_06
Veteran

Nice creative writing project for Freshman Lit...

Old 03-25-2007, 09:46 PM
da92gs87
Professional

College freshman or H.S. freshman[X(]

Quick Reply: HEMI vs newer civic SI