3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Made my first repair on my truck...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 11:45 PM
donjohnk
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Made my first repair on my truck...

Welp, I got lucky with this repair so far.. The other day I was driving home and went to pass a soccermom doing 40 in a 55, as I passed her I could hear a squeeling noise... wasn't sure if it was her or me, got the truck home and started to listen to it.. Gave it gas and it was me.... couldnt tell what it was because it was dark and didnt feel like dickin around with it in the cold. Today was the first day I drove it in a week and went to the parts store and picked me up a idler pulley. Simple fix and the noise is gone... The bearings were SHOT! I could barely turn it by hand. No biggie, next project is a tranny flush and brakes. Glad its getting warmer out.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:05 AM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

rock on !
nothing is more rewarding than fixing your own truck.
and nothing is better that saving the money you could have wasted having some 19 year old *uck head working on it at the stealership who doesnt care about your truck.
(no offence to you teenagers but there are some bad apples out there)
you got lucky my first repair to my truck when i got it was a water pump.. on the side of the road at dusk.
not too fun, but got it done and actually saved money by not using my warrenty which would have cost $100 . pump was only $40 somthing.

Last edited by nim81; 03-16-2009 at 12:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Made my first repair on my truck...