3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Android app called Torque (review and vid)

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 12:05 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Android app called Torque (review and vid)

So a few guys have asked about Android logging and diagnostic software so I made this video for you guys.

This is with my rooted and overclocked (1.35Ghz) Droid X running an app called Torque (current version 1.4.6) and a bluetooth ELM 327 OBDii adapter from Ebay.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSOzQzsfODg

Old 03-03-2011, 03:25 PM
mleach82
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the video, may have to look into getting on to go with my Droid 2

Old 03-03-2011, 04:02 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sweet deal. hows your battery life with that X OCed? i would assume horrible being that high.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:11 PM
BigHorn777
Professional

Nice, seems like you have all the cool toys man. I have not upgraded to the Droid yet, but that is my next phone as soon as my contract is up. Is that a free App? I am guessing not, it is a really cool tool. I already have the Diablo Sport tuner and wished I had the Trinity, now I don't need it all I need is a new phone and forget the trinity man. Awesome.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:57 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

If you are with VZW then you had better hurry. They are getting ready to do away with unlimited data plans and go to a tiered data plan.

Check the Mustang boards and diesel boards for a Trinity. I found mine on Craigslist actually.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:26 PM
arani rey
Amateur

Nice review! I have a rooted Samsung Epic that I checked that app out on and its pretty sweet. I went ahead and ordered the adapter then got out of paying for the app. We have 4 cars that use OBDii so its a steal. My OBDi stuff has a custom setup that involves a palm pilot :P

The app? ~$5. Its in silly UK currency at like 2 pounds 90 or something.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:59 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by weedahoe
So a few guys have asked about Android logging and diagnostic software so I made this video for you guys.

This is with my rooted and overclocked (1.35Ghz) Droid X running an app called Torque (current version 1.4.6) and a bluetooth ELM 327 OBDii adapter from Ebay.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSOzQzsfODg
Weedahoe, nice tool....Can you tell me what this this tool does exactly? ..If you don't mind sharing, what does a Trinity sport tuner do?

Thanks.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:53 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

If you guys want the app you can shoot me a PM with your email.

@ NYPANAMA42 - now how in the world are you going to ask me what this app does when I gave you a video showing you what it does?? LOL

But to break it down again, this app simply is cool is nothing else. With the use of that BT OBDii adapter and the software you can monitor things on the truck. In that vid I go through all the preset screens and show you how to add your own custom layouts and gauges. I show you where additional PIDs are at and what they are. I show you how to check for DTC codes if your CEL/MIL is on and how to get online to read more about them. I also show how to bring up the maps and go through the settings on the app.

If you got any more Qs just LMK.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:38 AM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Pretty cool. I didn't know such a thing existed. I love my droid... except one thing. The phone doesn't have enough battery life to last a half day. Whats up with that crap? I always went days before charging my other phones, but with this thing I can hardly get home from work without the thing dying ion me.
Weed (Mr electronics guru), is there an upgraded battery that can be purchased?

Old 03-04-2011, 07:55 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

You likely just need a NEW battery. They eventually lose their capacity to hold a charge and need to be replaced. Having things on like BT, GPS and/or WiFi will also kill a battery quick. Another thing people do not realize will do it is low signal strength. The less bars you have the more battery is used to maintain communication with the tower. Go buy you a new battery off ebay but get an OEM battery. Do not get one of those japanese generic celled batteries.

Quick Reply: Android app called Torque (review and vid)