Rear air bag coil spring helper

Old 04-30-2019, 10:56 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

All airbags will eventually leak...if they back their product for lifetime...i'm in

Old 05-25-2019, 11:43 AM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I used to have them on my '09 hemi cc. Installation is easy, and quick. They were handy for heavier loads and I used to run 20 psi when loaded, and 7 psi unloaded. They do affect the ride when empty but not much. Anything over 7 psi and you get a certain bouncy feeling, not as plush as without them. I had a few issues with leaks at the connection between the bag and the air line several times. Every time it leaked, I would remove the air line, cut off about 1/2 inch and re-seat the line. I was finally able to not leak. I did not put them on my 2017 ram cc as I just re-adjusted the weight distribution bars and hitch for my TT.

Old 02-20-2022, 11:21 PM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

I just bought a 12 1500 and discovered as I was checking it out that a PO had installed them on my truck. I have never aired them up yet, (have only had truck a month and a half) but they're there. Mounted inboard of the coil springs.
I've seen them on other trucks before, especially the front of 1 ton Chevy vans, Box trucks, short buses, motor homes, etc and I've even installed a small percentage of those I've seen, and they have always gone inside of the spring not next to as they're set up on my truck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear air bag coil spring helper