Remove/Install Grill 4th Gen Ram by 94rt10ohio

Old 05-17-2009, 11:32 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Remove/Install Grill 4th Gen Ram by 94rt10ohio

Tools required
-10mm wrech or socket and ratchet (Socket/ratchet works best)
-Flat screw driver
-Rag

Costs
-Grill, less than $260 shipped from Henson's in TX.
-Epoxy and hardware for badge mod, less than $5
-Badge, free as I took them off the sides.

The first thing you need to do is remove two of the tie downs that holds the black plastic cover to the grill and radiator. Only the front two towards the middle need removed. Using a flat screw driver slide it underneath the cover, but on top of the grill mounts. Apply some pressure to pry the plastic up, this will take minimal effort. Once these two are up you can pull the plastic cover up enough to get to the 4 bolts that hold the grill onto the truck.

Lift up on the black plastic cover to expose the 4 bolts holding the top of the grill to the truck. Using the 10mm ratchet/wrench remove all 4 bolts. Two towards the middle, two outers. For reference the longer bolts go in back in the outside.

The bottom of the grill is held on with two clips on the lower corners. Do one side at a time and be careful with this step. I inserted my fingers into the honeycomb on the drivers side lower corner and applied slight pressure pulling out. I then reached my other hand in behind and slightly tapped/hit the grill (tapping out). This allowed the clip to come free from the truck. As I said, be careful, you do not want to swing that side out being the other side is still clipped in. I then took the rag and put it between the bumper and grill on the side I just worked loose. I then did the same thing to the other lower corner. The grill will now lift out. Pic of the clips you are working out below.

Reassemble in reverse order of course Remember to use the rag between the grill and bumper again to prevent scratches. There are "guides" along the bottom edge of the grill, make sure they fall in place as your are tapping the lower corner clips of the grill in place. Also make sure the top mounts are resting in the correct position (on top of the cross member, but below the black plastic).

Another tip, do not re-attach the black plastic to the grill until after you have lowered your hood to check the alignment of the grill. There is a little play with the grill, I ended up pulling my grill out as far as it would go (held it), then tightened the bolts. This gave the best alignment with the hood.

As for my Hemi badge mod.... I used two bolts that I cut the head off of, some high strength epoxy to attach the bolts to the badge, two fender washers and two nuts. I would have tack welded the bolts on but hard to weld a metal bolt to plastic

Ram4thGen

Attached Thumbnails Remove/Install Grill 4th Gen Ram by 94rt10ohio-051809.1.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Remove/Install Grill 4th Gen Ram by 94rt10ohio