4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Bakflip HD - not so HD

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 01:09 PM
jmaimin
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by '05Train
I've had a Bakflip F1 on since early August. I get water in the bed when it rains, though I believe the vast majority of that is coming through all the holes in the bed. The cover leaks, but not appreciably so.

My biggest issue with the cover is the struts that hold it open. The clip on one side that holds the strut to the bedrail broke last month. A minor thing, I guess, but pretty disappointing given what the cover cost.

I think the F1 is still the best option out there for someone like me who uses the bed to haul a lot, but it's far from perfect.
Hi 05,

Please give me your address and I will send you a replacement clip and screws to attach it. I would very much like to help get your cover repaired if it is damaged. Also, we have lots of different kinds of weather seals that can help insulate any area that may be allowing water to penetrate your bed. Just let me know if you could use some and I'll have the guys at the factory fire you off a full pack of various kinds of seals. Naturally, there'll be no cost.

All the best,

Julian

Old 12-08-2010, 08:42 AM
'05Train

Originally Posted by jmaimin
Hi 05,

Please give me your address and I will send you a replacement clip and screws to attach it. I would very much like to help get your cover repaired if it is damaged. Also, we have lots of different kinds of weather seals that can help insulate any area that may be allowing water to penetrate your bed. Just let me know if you could use some and I'll have the guys at the factory fire you off a full pack of various kinds of seals. Naturally, there'll be no cost.

All the best,

Julian
Top notch Julian. Thank you.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:00 AM
'05Train

I just wanted to update this.....

Last week I got a package in the mail from Bakflip with new support arms and bed gaskets. I'm going to wait for a warmer day to install the gaskets so the adhesive sticks better, but I wanted to thank Julian again for top-notch service.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:00 PM
jmaimin
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by '05Train
I just wanted to update this.....

Last week I got a package in the mail from Bakflip with new support arms and bed gaskets. I'm going to wait for a warmer day to install the gaskets so the adhesive sticks better, but I wanted to thank Julian again for top-notch service.
Fantastic! Let me know if there's ever anything else I can help you with? Happy Holidays!

Julian

Old 12-27-2010, 10:09 PM
cpelton
Veteran

Hi Julian,

I've been corresponding with Morrie from Dinamite, who I originally purchased my F1 cover from. He says hes been passing photos on to customer service regarding an issue I have but i've been waiting too long. I first contacted him in July regarding this.

After one short trip with the cover in the upright position- the hinge on the cover wore into the weather seal on the right side. Please see photos:

Damage:
Name:  photo1-1.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  50.3 KB

I'm sure this should not be happening? I'd hate to continue using it in the upright position as this was caused from a 5 minute drive to the dump. I've since been removing it when I need full use of the bed, which is not what the cover was designed for! It also leaks along the edge of the cover which I think would be fixed with some shims.

Here is a shot of the hinge:
Name:  photo3.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  48.3 KB

Upright:
Name:  photo2-2.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  42.0 KB

Last edited by cpelton; 12-27-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:38 PM
jmaimin
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cpelton
Hi Julian,

I've been corresponding with Morrie from Dinamite, who I originally purchased my F1 cover from. He says hes been passing photos on to customer service regarding an issue I have but i've been waiting too long. I first contacted him in July regarding this.

After one short trip with the cover in the upright position- the hinge on the cover wore into the weather seal on the right side. Please see photos:

Damage:

I'm sure this should not be happening? I'd hate to continue using it in the upright position as this was caused from a 5 minute drive to the dump. I've since been removing it when I need full use of the bed, which is not what the cover was designed for! It also leaks along the edge of the cover which I think would be fixed with some shims.

Here is a shot of the hinge:

Upright:
Hi there,

It looks like you need some rubber bumpers under your metal hinge frames.
PM me your mailing address or send me an email to julian@bakliner.com and I'll have my guys fire some off to you immediately.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Rockinroad
Default I saw your post

Colin:
I show that some replacement weather seals were sent to you back in Sept. I received some additional pics from you in Oct. and sent them on to customer service. I have not heard from you since Oct. Were the replacement seals ever received? Also, I saw that you moved to a new address at some point since your purchase. Please make sure that we have the correct shipping address on file so that anything sent to you will arrive at the correct address. I see that Julian has responded to your post and has taken some steps to rectify your issue. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
Morrie Eisenman

Old 12-28-2010, 02:51 PM
cpelton
Veteran

Thanks Julian i'll send you an email right away!

Morrie,
I never received the seals, I have moved since and included a new shipping address in previous emails. I will forward this to you again for your file, thanks!

Old 12-29-2010, 12:37 PM
rolltidehemi
Captain

Julian,

I sent you a PM on the 27th about our discussion with the issue with my bakf1, have not received the items as of yet, also this issue this guy is having is the same on my seals when bak is against cab, also as we discussed, please let me know the status of shipment if you can, the PM has all the info. that was discussed. Thanks again.

Erik Penick

Old 12-30-2010, 01:27 PM
jmaimin
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rolltidehemi
Julian,

I sent you a PM on the 27th about our discussion with the issue with my bakf1, have not received the items as of yet, also this issue this guy is having is the same on my seals when bak is against cab, also as we discussed, please let me know the status of shipment if you can, the PM has all the info. that was discussed. Thanks again.

Erik Penick
I'm sorry Erik, but the last PM I received in my inbox here was from '05Train on 12/08. Would you mind re-sending yours, or even better, send it to my at julian@bakliner.com. I do not seem to find anything from you from the 27th at all. I will certainly address your request without delay once I get it.

Julian

Quick Reply: Bakflip HD - not so HD