4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Bakflip HD - not so HD

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009 | 06:38 PM
oldjeep
|
Champion
Old 08-20-2009 | 07:31 PM
sshammond24

Duplicate

Last edited by sshammond24; 08-20-2009 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Duplicate
Old 08-20-2009 | 07:32 PM
sshammond24
Default That's Horrible

I will send them an email telling them they lost a potential customer due to a horrible product and a complete lack of customer service and refer them to this thread!

Old 08-20-2009 | 07:48 PM
plumcrazy73
Captain

Yea let us know if they won't stand behind it then i will not be buying one and i was going to buy one.

Old 08-21-2009 | 08:15 PM
rolltidehemi
Captain

Bakflip emailed me back and said after 250,000 units sold less than three had the issue with hail and they don't warrant an act of god and this should be handled through the isurance company. I sent the email with the quote from their website and replied in reference to this and the fact that if they only have 3 with the issue and made an average of 175,000,000 in sales that taking care of 3 customers would be a cheap way for priceless word of mouth advertising, no response to this. The other claim they made was that right now the G2 is made with aluminum like the HD for a limited time while they research a new material for the G2 (trying to make a sale). Not interested now, I feel if you only have 3 claims for hail and you claim it will stand up to hail you should cover it since it an insignificant number of claims, go figure, we need to alert the other forums like Hemitruckclub.com, Ford, and chevy forums. Hail is not an act of god, more like part of nature and what happens all over this planet everyday, BS on their part. Done, looking for something else now.

Old 08-21-2009 | 11:44 PM
AZDodgeHemi
Amateur

I was waiting for a good time for my first post. This is it.

Bakflip was on my "short list" of covers. My list is now shorter by one.

Thanks for the info and best of luck in getting it resolved!

Old 08-22-2009 | 08:25 AM
oldjeep
|
Champion

Originally Posted by rolltidehemi
Bakflip emailed me back and said after 250,000 units sold less than three had the issue with hail and they don't warrant an act of god and this should be handled through the isurance company.

I'm guessing that the 250K is every cover they have ever sold, not the aluminum covered HD. Their plastic skinned cover shouldn't have any hail issues (I'm guessing). It's actually too bad that they are "upgrading" the G2 by using aluminum skin now, making it an inferior product too.

I'm not expecting to hear back from them any more, their position is clear to me:
1) god has something against their tonneau covers (weather = god?)
2) There is no way to repair them (Since I asked 3 times and never got a response)
3) They talk a good game in their advertising, but don't back it up - Warranty isn't honored (Reminds me of quote from Tommy Boy)

It'll keep the rain off stuff for my 3K mile trip this week. Functionally it's a decent product, just the skin is weak and easily damaged. Eventually I'll sell it at a huge loss and buy something more durable.

My main reason for posting all this here is that I only bought the BakFlip after reading all the glowing reviews here.

Last edited by oldjeep; 08-22-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-22-2009 | 02:17 PM
ArcticWolf
Professional

You should do one more thing before dropping this, file a complaint with the BBB (Better Business Bureau) in there state.
Heres a good web site for all of us :
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/routing-your-online-purchase-complaints-to-the-rig.html

Old 08-22-2009 | 05:57 PM
RamPhreak
Professional

You should also contact an attorney who specializes in these types of concerns....the consultation is usually free and if the merit is worth their time then they jump all over it if will net positive results.

Old 08-22-2009 | 05:59 PM
RamPhreak
Professional

oh..and can you create a link to the customer service contact you used? I would like to say a few things to them too....as I am sure many others will too.

Quick Reply: Bakflip HD - not so HD