4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The First Dent... :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Hypnos
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy The First Dent... :(

I got my first dent yesterday. 6 month after driving it off the lot. Trying to back out of the super small vet's parking lot, that had a transport taking up half the lot for some reason...

Long story shorter... I was backing up, and there Wheel chair access ramp had a out jet of about a foot at the top of the railing. It's only a little 1" dent in the tail gate. I was going super slow trying not to hit any thing at the time.
I'm not happy it happened but I'm glad that I did the first one and not my wife...

Happened Apr. 21 2010

Would be interesting to hear other peoples stories on there first dent or scratch...

Old 04-22-2010, 01:02 PM
ChristianJS
Professional

My first dent came only weeks after getting my truck because some asshat decided to open up a car door and hit my truck. Of course they saw it as a "door ding" and left no information for me. Pisses me off!!!

Old 04-22-2010, 01:06 PM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first one was the week I got the truck. Went to the airport to pick up my dad, and he tried to toss his suitcase over the side of the bed and didn't quite make it.

Dent is still there, and would probabally pop out if I got behind it. Its on the passenger side so I keep forgetting it is there.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Doc Fluty
Banned

i tried scooting my garbage cans out of my driveway with my truck as i was pulling in... they got pushed of the the side and fell over.. i thought they were outa the way so i kept pulling up and left a nice 3 inch deep scratch in my passenger door.

also have dent on the side of my bed where the neighbor kids were playing football and put there hand really hard and left a nice one... both are still there..

ive been buying camera equipment lately and haven't had much time for the truck

Old 04-22-2010, 01:46 PM
706jim
Veteran

A girl driving her husband's truck tore the front bumper clean off our Honda Civic. Got it fixed and within a WEEK, someone scuffed it with their tire.
It's almost like there's a target painted on that poor car.

So now I will have to worry about the first dent in my new truck when it eventually arrives.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:30 PM
thirtydaZe
Professional

backed into my boat trailer tongue trying to get hitched up in a hurry one morning. it looks like what you'd imagine a golf ball would produce, but in the center the metal to metal contact chipped the paint which is now starting to rust.

it's on my painted bumper about perfectly center.

one day it will be fixed.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:27 AM
shieldsdb
Rookie

1st was about 2 months. Washing the truck, I dented the roof just in front of the 3rd brake light. I was leaning on the roof to reach the middle (I'm short, truck is lifted).
2nd was a few weeks later. I was carrying a 400lbs transit case in the bed (no liner at this point). The case slide as I was stopping for a light, it dented the top of bed, right under the sliding rear window. The same thing happen to my 99 Ram (different case thought), but it bent the top of the bed into the cab.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:36 AM
TI 3VOM
Veteran

The inside of my box got scratched 2 days after I brought it home. Now, it is scratched all to hell.

When I pulled out the big Porter Cable when waxing the truck, I got a tad over agressive on the front bumper. Where it juts up on either side of the grill I managed to wear off a spot of paint right on the edge. So, a nice thin line, 1/8th of an inch wide and about 1 inch long. Nice black spot on a silver truck. Pissed me off since I know better, stay away from sharp edges!!! Had some silver auto paint in the garage from when I painted my last truck and dabbed some in using a screwdriver, you can hardly tell.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:04 AM
B.Kaiser1
Rookie

Brought mine to the dealer for a oil change and to rotate the tires, 6K miles on it. When I picked it up, I walked around the truck with the service writer and didn't notice anything out of place. After about two weeks I was washing the truck and noticed a 2' wide ***** in the right lower edge of the front bumper with thick bright red equipment paint transfer on it. Upon further inspection I noticed that there was clean grease on the edge of the ***** and that it just happened to be about the same size of a fork on a lift or jack. It was obvious to me that the dealer ran a jack into it or ran the truck into a lift, probably the later.
After grumbling about it for a week or so and looking at it every time I walked in front of it, I noticed that the right side of the bumper was lower than the left. The margin between the grill apron and the bumper is about 1" on the right side and about 1/4" on the left. This thing was hit hard or it hit something hard!

Over the years I've had more damage done to my vehicles buy the dealers than any other source other. ....I just hate to bring my truck to the dealer!

Last edited by B.Kaiser1; 04-23-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:27 AM
blake8581

1st dent - jacknifed my 4wheeler trailer *stupid limo tint*, i heard the crunch, felt sick to my stomach ...

i popped most of the dent out w/ a rubber mallet, but that's still a horrible feeling

Quick Reply: The First Dent... :(