4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Just ordered a 2011 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 02:18 AM
soldierguy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered a 2011 Ram

New to the boards, not new to trucks or to Dodge/Jeep vehicles. Been lurking around here lately and decided to jump in because I ordered a Ram today.

Just ordered a 2011 Ram 1500 QC 4X4 Outdoorsman and I'm scheduled to take delivery on December 1st. The Outdoorsman is the 2011 version of the TRX4 package...kinda goofy looking stickers on the rear quarter panels, but those will come off shortly after delivery.

It'll be Bright Silver Metallic over Mineral Gray Metallic (all the Outdoorsmans are 2-tone, just like the TRX4). I was thinking of Inferno Red, but that and the regular bright red have been dropped in favor of something called Dark Cherry Metallic...haven't seen that, so I decided to go with silver. Silver should look good with what I'm thinking I'll do to it...some stuff will definitely get blacked out, but I'll figure out what once I get it.

Ordered it with ziebart undercoating, the hemi engine, technology group (back up sensors and better stereo), trailer tow mirrors, trailer brake controller, sunroof, power adjustable pedals, back-up camera, spray-in bedliner, and the media center 430N which now has a Garmin nav system built in. The bucket seats and console shifter are now standard in the Outdoorsman (TRX4 they were optional), and I wanted the console shifter, big center console, and bucket seats anyway, so that's a good thing.

I think I'll like it. If I could have had anything I wanted, it would have been a crew cab with the 6.5 foot bed, but the crew cab still only comes with the 5.5 foot bed. And since it'll mostly be my dog in the back seat, the bed length won out over the extra rear seat room. The crew cab looks better in my opinion, but the QC will do me fine, it's quite a bit less expensive, and I will use the additional bed length more than the back seat room.

If you have any questions about 2011 options, fire away. I'm very familiar with what's available, at least on the Outdoorsman trim level. I didn't really spend any time on the computer looking over the other trim levels when I ordered it, but I can at least answer questions about the Outdoorsman.

And if you're curious, I've previously had a couple of Dakotas and a Grand Cherokee, and the rest of my family have at one point or another hit pretty much every generation of the Ram, as well as a Dodge minivan. My Ram will be a part-timer for me...the daily driver duties will primarily be on my VW Golf TDI because of the phenomenal fuel economy.

cheers!

Old 08-30-2010, 08:43 AM
renos09
Veteran

Luxury Group Close
$680

Includes:
  • Ashtray Lamp
  • Steering Wheel-Mounted Audio Controls
  • Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirrors
  • Exterior Mirrors with Supplemental Signals
  • Exterior Mirrors Courtesy Lamps
  • Glove Box Lamp
  • Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
  • Overhead Console with Universal Garage Door Opener
  • Manual Fold-Away Power Heated Mirrors
  • Rear Dome Lamp with On/Off Switch
  • Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
  • Sun Visors with Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
  • Underhood Lamp
I would also order the luxury group and protection group. Luxury group gives you what's listed above.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:27 PM
soldierguy

Originally Posted by renos09
Luxury Group Close
$680

Includes:
  • Ashtray Lamp
  • Steering Wheel-Mounted Audio Controls
  • Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirrors
  • Exterior Mirrors with Supplemental Signals
  • Exterior Mirrors Courtesy Lamps
  • Glove Box Lamp
  • Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
  • Overhead Console with Universal Garage Door Opener
  • Manual Fold-Away Power Heated Mirrors
  • Rear Dome Lamp with On/Off Switch
  • Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
  • Sun Visors with Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
  • Underhood Lamp
I would also order the luxury group and protection group. Luxury group gives you what's listed above.
All that stuff is wrapped up in either standard equipment, or in the outdoorsman package. Protection group stuff is also wrapped up in the outdoorsman package. I think Dodge has shuffled the packages and contents of the packages a bit for 2011, but all that stuff is on my order sheet.

Quick Reply: Just ordered a 2011 Ram