4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

09 Ram 19" lift build for SEMA

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 10:56 AM
nichepi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SEMA vehicle builds are a life in their own. I was trying to get a 2010 1500 going this year but since 08 trying to get vehicle placement has been tuff due to the dramatically less investment by companies to purchase booths to display vehicles and trucks.
Additionally its been even tougher to work with companies that supply parts due to their non existent marketing budget. The best I was able to get going recently is cost for most items even with booth placement. Maybe next year. I think 06 was the last great sema I was at.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:13 PM
camANDcaddy

nice truck

Old 11-06-2010, 12:23 AM
Funkyt

Originally Posted by plumcrazy73
what is your FB name if i may ask
This is his FB page. I hope he doesnt mind. He will have to add you as a friend in order to view the pics.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...?id=1674678618

Old 11-06-2010, 08:22 AM
plumcrazy73
Captain

Yea thanks, I found him. and requested and got added, very cool truck, with that lift I think more tire could be used though not sure if there is clearance for it though

Old 11-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Dunno207
Professional

Originally Posted by plumcrazy73
Yea thanks, I found him. and requested and got added, very cool truck, with that lift I think more tire could be used though not sure if there is clearance for it though
I think if it were any bigger you'd need a running start just to get on the running boards. lol

Old 11-06-2010, 06:30 PM
ram_bo06
Captain

^^^ don't know if its's possible...for those of us w/ out facebook to copy a pic from there into here. Or tell send him a request to post final pics up for this thread! Interested in the final outcome of this one.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:47 AM
RawRam
Professional

About 9 hours from home right now. Got lots of great pics. Once I rest from the 21 hour drove o will post em up on here. Thanks for the comments so far.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:23 AM
RawRam
Professional

Hey everyone. I just wanted to say thanks for watching our build this past month. It was a long 26 days to get to SEMA. We got there late but still got there. Here is a quick story of how it went down followed by some pics I have found of the truck online and took myself.

As most of you know we sent the truck down to Texas to get the big lift done. The Fox shocks took a few weeks longer than expected so it put us a few weeks behind. After I got the truck back we did the Katzkin leather and QuietRide sound deadening and insulation material on the inside then dropped it off at the shop. Just a few days into the strip down of my truck a careless owner of the shop knocked a 6ft exhaust wall fan into the side of my bed caving it in. I told them not to fix it and Id bring my guy to do it. Next day we got there, on a Saturday and they had tried to beat it out from the inside with a hammer and stretched the metal making it worse. The owner never showed up to talk about it or even work on the truck. The next day me and my boy Kris went back over to work on the truck and the owner again didnt show so we pulled the truck. My boy Kris runs the shop at California Customs in my town and the owner agreed to let us take up some of the shop space they had available to build the truck in exchange for me building them a website. So I agreed and we called in a rollback to put my stripped down truck on and move it an hour away. After a $350 tow bill we now had a new spot to build the truck and only 26 days left to do it with a dent in the bed. So that's how it started and you see below how it ended. We worked many many all nighters, especially the last week. The last few days, no one slept. I was up 29 hours straight then drove 17 hours of our trip to Vegas. Once we got there I couldnt even go to bed I was so excited. But when my head finally hit the pillow I was out for awhile lol.

Thanks again for following the build and we have made some great friends along the way on here. Enjoy.

Detail shots of paint

A couple photos taken during the Truckin' Magazine cover shoot.

A BIG HUGE THANKS TO ALL OF OUR SPONSORS!!!

Old 11-10-2010, 07:47 AM
paul07
Veteran

turned out totally sick man, great work!!!

Old 11-13-2010, 12:43 AM
RawRam
Professional

thanks

Quick Reply: 09 Ram 19" lift build for SEMA