4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

'11 Ram 1500 Laramie fully chromed mirrors w/ turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 08:57 AM
White2500
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by holydiver89
I have regular black mirrors on my ST but want the ones with blinkers, does anyone know if a blinker mirror will plug right in or will i need new wiring?
If you do not have the signals/puddle lights now, it will not work. They will plug in and the power/defrost will work but not the lights. Need to swap out the door modules in order for them to work.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Nate769
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my opinion I would keep the tow mirrors. I just have the regular sport mirrors(turn signal,puddle lamps, defrost) But what I would not give for that extra smaller mirror on the side. I had a previous 07 model with the tow mirrors and it had that corner mirror? If anyone here remembers. That is a lifesaver when backing up. I wish I had upgraded to the tow mirrors when I bought the truck...Plus if your going to anything with your truck. They are going to be better then any clip on mirror.

Now whether you can get a tow mirror without chrome im not sure..but either way stick with the tow mirrors!

Old 04-10-2012, 01:42 PM
SilverGorilla
Amateur

I added the chrome tow mirrors to my 2010 and everything looks and functions great. I got them from these guys:

http://www.mopar-wholesale.com/

$535 for the black and $610 for the chrome.

The price keeps going up. I paid $550 for the chrome with free shipping almost a year ago.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Patsfan
Professional

Originally Posted by White2500
If you do not have the signals/puddle lights now, it will not work. They will plug in and the power/defrost will work but not the lights. Need to swap out the door modules in order for them to work.
I installed the chrome ones w/blinker and the lights don't work. There is and available plug in the module w/pins for the extra harness. I called the dealer and they said they have to program the body control module to enable them. I haven't proven this theory as I'm not bringing it in until my 60,000 km warrany is about to expire. It never sees the dealer unless it absolutely has to. I've had too many vehicles come out with more problems than they went in with.. my two cents. And if the modules do have to be changed, I won't be spending the cash to do so. I just wanted to try the chrome look and can go back to the standard black anytime.

Last edited by Patsfan; 04-10-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Quick Reply: '11 Ram 1500 Laramie fully chromed mirrors w/ turn signals