4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

PIAA Bulbs Suck Tremendously

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 05:56 PM
JoesBrotherRamMan
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PIAA Bulbs Suck Tremendously

I am very disappointed to say the least. As if the $65 pricetag wasn't piercing my heart enough as it was, add in the $16, 3-day shipping I paid for and I just created a recipe for some furry. My HIDs from the distributor on this site have been acting up. One of the bulbs goes dormant for a week, then suddenly decides to work again. I had had it, so I ordered what I thought was the next comparable thing to an HID; afraid not. These lights looked exactly like stock bulbs from the dealer, except a $65 price tag. I could have just bought another HID kit for that.. Anyway, that is just my .02cent rag rant but just don't waste your money. I'm putting the haphazard HIDs back in and returning the bulbs. Thankfully Central Four Wheel Drive gentlemen are nice guys .

Last edited by JoesBrotherRamMan; 11-09-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:51 PM
SmittySLT
Rookie

Well once you go HID, you can't have anything less! Swap your HID bulbs right to left to see if its the ballast or the bulb. Don't give up on the HIDs...

Old 11-09-2010, 08:01 PM
JoesBrotherRamMan
Professional

Originally Posted by SmittySLT
Well once you go HID, you can't have anything less! Swap your HID bulbs right to left to see if its the ballast or the bulb. Don't give up on the HIDs...
Yeah lol, it just sucks because everytime something goes wrong with the HIDs, these trucks arn't very HID friendly to work with.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:20 AM
SmittySLT
Rookie

I think the new generation HIDs are more PnP then ones evev a few months ago. No more harness I believe.

Quick Reply: PIAA Bulbs Suck Tremendously