4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Ground Force 2/3" drop kit installed -pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 09:20 AM
loansinpa
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moosefire66
Does lowering a 4wd truck affect the 4wd capabilities? I.E. binding, affect the turning radius, etc??
I've been running the same setup for 6 weeks and haven't had any issues when putting into 4wd and turning seems just fine. The only issue I'm seeing is because of putting on 305 tires as well I'm getting a bit of rubbing without a spacer.

That said, it's coming back off and will be for sale in two weeks. Like Twist said, it's a bit firm. I love the look but there was a bit too much sacrifice on the ride for me

Old 12-28-2010, 08:38 PM
War Horse
All Star

Looks great. All these lowering pics lately have really got me iching to drop my 4x2.

I've got some bad news for you though, looks like someone stole your antenna!!

Old 12-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Twist
Rookie

Originally Posted by War Horse
I've got some bad news for you though, looks like someone stole your antenna!!
LOL - I take it off in the winter so I can go through the car wash without it beating against the truck. I usually listen to Sirius when I am in the truck. Nice catch!

Old 12-29-2010, 10:27 PM
moosefire66
Veteran

I would presume that this would void the warranty in some way shape fashion or form... yes?

I probably wouldnt mind a rougher ride. I had a 02 2500 for a few years, so I am accustomed to the rough ride. Kinda like it actually haha

Old 06-04-2011, 12:43 AM
moosefire66
Veteran

Hey twist, have you towed with the truck since the install? I'm still debating this mod, but tow an enclosed landscaping trailer weighing roughly 3500 pounds and don't want to have problems with it....

Old 06-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Twist
Rookie

Hey twist, have you towed with the truck since the install? I'm still debating this mod, but tow an enclosed landscaping trailer weighing roughly 3500 pounds and don't want to have problems with it....
Yes, I tow a flatbed car hauler around and the drop kit has not changed anything related to that. (Except I had to buy a different drop hitch) I do have air bags in the rear springs which I air up when I haul the trailer around. Yesterday I loaded the bed with oak firewood - I mean really loaded it and the truck did great. So far I am very happy with this kit. No complaints.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:23 PM
moosefire66
Veteran

That sounds great. What air bag kit do you have? I thought I read before that no one made a kit for the shorter springs in the drop kits ..... guess I was wrong lol

Old 06-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Twist
Rookie

That sounds great. What air bag kit do you have? I thought I read before that no one made a kit for the shorter springs in the drop kits ..... guess I was wrong lol
Your not wrong - lol. I could not find a kit, so I made the one I had work with a little modification. I install a AirLift 1000 #60818 in the truck about a year before the dropkit went in.
http://shop.airliftcompany.com/produ...3B_COIL_SPRING
This kit has thick rubber spacer that sits on top of the air bag when its installed. I took out my sawzall and cut each one down to about an inch thick and reinstalled. Its been working fine since then.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:08 AM
V8MANual
Captain

Very nice work modifying what you needed and it looks great.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:37 PM
eclipsems
Professional

Looks great!

Quick Reply: Ground Force 2/3" drop kit installed -pics