4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Which lift kit and why...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 06:22 AM
TDTIPMO
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm planning on buying my Rough Country 4" here very soon. Most lift companies now all have drop brackets that keep the stock CV angles as close as possible. That's been a main concern, so I think they've been addressing it. Rough Country also has a lifetime warranty, no questions asked. Obviously certain parts won't be covered like bushings and such because that would just be ridiculous for a company to warranty those when they're eventually going to need to be replaced. I don't think any company warranty's those that I know of. Another reason I'm choosing RC, is because it's pretty damn cheap. I'm lookin at about 1000-1200 for the lift. I've looked everywhere for bad reviews on this setup and I haven't found a single one. All I hear about is RC made terrible lifts for Jeeps at one time and they older gen rams used to sag? Well that doesn't concern me because Jeeps aren't Rams and the older gens had a completely different suspension. So if I can save money and still have a quality product, then that's what I'm going with. Everyone has their preference though.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Rammin'
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it! Anyone care to share their experience with Superlift?

Old 10-09-2011, 03:09 AM
nube 4x4 mod guy

which kit has the least welds for a 5 inch lift conversion and/or easist. Also for the 5 " lift I read on a thread that a new gear (or something to that affect) has to be installed. I own a 1995 dodge 1500 pick up with a 360 V-8 engine and a 4 x 4 and a 6 foot bed. Thanx for help
1) Is this correct?
2)does transfer case or trans need to come off? or relocated
2a) does transfer spacer need to be installed on all kits?
2b) is it difficult
3) in case I pay someone to do the job about how maNY hours of labor (appx) for a certified ASE certified tech to do a 5 inch lift on the least expensive kit.
4) how many hours for an ally mechanic with just a mig welder to do job.
5) any threads with instruction and /or videos
6) do kits come with install videos and will they give you the video before you buy the kit so you can see what you are getting into.
7) I plan on just riding on pavement and just want a cool look. Im not going to be offroad unless i crash/
Thank

Last edited by nube 4x4 mod guy; 10-09-2011 at 03:11 AM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 10-12-2011, 02:10 PM
MattsMountain
Professional

I just made an appointment to have a 4" RC suspension lift done. 1300 for the lift and 600 to install. I'm due new tires, so I'm throwing 35" Terra Grapplers on. I'm mostly on the highway, but hunt/fish/camp and need some more clearance and room getting up and down the mountain. I'm not a hardcore off roader or I probably would have gone with something more beefy, but I figure this gets me in the game for now.

Keep us posted on what you decide and as always, we love pics!!

Old 10-12-2011, 07:27 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

i'm just riding on a level and add-a-leafs, but when I do go higher (hopefully sooner, than later) its gonna be top gun customz. Out of all the research I've done, they seem to be the one company who really puts their research and follow up into their products. My brother has had 2 sets of rough country's on his jeeps and they ride just that, ROUGH. But I may just give in and buy the mopar kit as much as I dont want to, just to avoid any warranty issues later. and please hold off on the its up to the dealer, mosson act or w.e its called, to each his own.

Quick Reply: Which lift kit and why...