4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Which lift kit and why...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Rammin'
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which lift kit and why...

Hi everyone. I have a 2010 Ram Sport CC and I am seriously considering a lift kit. I've been following along on several threads as of late throughout this site regarding lifts (mainly the 4th gen lifted pic thread) and notice that there are several of you who have already done so. So I am looking for a little insight as to why you chose the make/model lift that you have. I did a search and nothing significant turned up. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Justin

Old 03-22-2011, 09:22 PM
BigTexMarine
Veteran

I have the BDS kit on mine. No problems with it, but to each their own. You are going to have alot of different people saying what they have and which ones they think are better, but ou gotta go with your gut. Doesn't hurt to ask the shops either as long as they dont deal specifically with that brand. Good luck.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:32 PM
InterpunX
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the ProComp lift stage 1 because of availability. I was working out of town and had a week off, then like you i was really debating it since i had put a leveling kit that was wobbling and pissed me off. So i went to the local Truck Toys store and checked what they had and pro comp was in stock right there. So i told him book me in im sold and the price seemed alright, 2000 for the kit around. I was really impressed at ride quality, didnt really change from stock and it got rid of my 4x4 wobble. I also noticed when i first picked it up for the first time (best day ever) that it had a really level look, and the guy told me (not sure if its true) that the pro comp kits sold in canada were 5" at the back instead of 6" like the States. He said it was due to what was the popular choice was.

Maybe something to look into if you like nose down look or nose up.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Rammin'

Thanks so far guys. Keep the answers coming...I know there are plenty more of you with lifts

Old 03-23-2011, 02:28 PM
ridem high
Veteran

I purchased the PROCOMP 6" stage 2 suspension lift.Reason being,is that the kit has all of the relocation/drop down brackets to keep the geometry of the suspension,tranny,front axles,and driveline angle as close to factory angles as possible.The stage 2 kit is more expensive,but my way of thinking is that wear/tear will be reduced,leading to less problems down the road.The ride quality is great!With this kit,you get 2 new front coil over,dampening adjustable,struts.New stainless steel brake lines,relocation brackets,new spindles,transfer case spacer,driveline spacer,and more...Check it out for yourself...I am very satisfied with it...I reccomend doing your own research,and asking question,let the final outcome be yours.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Gary C.
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Rough Country 4" lift on mine, it's been on for about 5k miles now and no problems. Rides like stock, pretty affordable. If you're mainly a pavement cruiser (I am except during hunting season) the RC lift will serve you well. If you're into more hard core off roading I'd look for something a bit more robust.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Rammin'

Good info there Ridem High, thanks man. That's what I'm looking for. Like you recommend, I have been doing other research but it's always nice to hear personal experiences first hand. Most websites always talk up there product. Thanks again, keep em coming guys. Superlift? Rough Country? Others....

Old 03-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Rammin'

Thanks Gary. My situation is very similar to yours.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:16 AM
roberttheall
Professional
Cool lift

Originally Posted by BigTexMarine
I have the BDS kit on mine. No problems with it, but to each their own. You are going to have alot of different people saying what they have and which ones they think are better, but ou gotta go with your gut. Doesn't hurt to ask the shops either as long as they dont deal specifically with that brand. Good luck.
I have also been thinking about them for a while. I research the shat out of stuff because I hate it when I get something and realize later on I should have gotten something else. I even studied each of the diferent installation instructions, because i plan to install myself.
any way here is what I came up with.

I first thought of the mopar lift. (overpriced)
Then I decided on superlift, since they make the mopar lift.
I then checked out Zone, Rancho, Skyjacker. etc etc etc.
I gues you get what you pay for and I definately want something with good quality.

Thats why I picked BDS. they have the best (no questions asked), No Fine Pirnt warranty.
I really think BDS is the way to go

I've decided to go with BDS. They have the best warrnaty out there from what I've seen

Old 03-24-2011, 12:48 AM
BigTexMarine
Veteran

Originally Posted by roberttheall
I have also been thinking about them for a while. I research the shat out of stuff because I hate it when I get something and realize later on I should have gotten something else. I even studied each of the diferent installation instructions, because i plan to install myself.
any way here is what I came up with.

I first thought of the mopar lift. (overpriced)
Then I decided on superlift, since they make the mopar lift.
I then checked out Zone, Rancho, Skyjacker. etc etc etc.
I gues you get what you pay for and I definately want something with good quality.

Thats why I picked BDS. they have the best (no questions asked), No Fine Pirnt warranty.
I really think BDS is the way to go

I've decided to go with BDS. They have the best warrnaty out there from what I've seen

Can't go wrong with it. The guys at the shop can put on anything, but they highly recommended BDS. I too researched the crap out of them all. I'm happy I went with the BDS.

Quick Reply: Which lift kit and why...