4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

In dash CB radio, is it possible?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 12:28 AM
2k10HemiRam
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default In dash CB radio, is it possible?

To all of you who have taken the dash apart, I was wondering if there is any empty space below the radio and climate controls? I'm asking this because a couple buddies and I do some pretty far out there off road trips sometimes and we're all wanting to get cb radio's in our vehicles. Well one of my buddies and I want to do a clean custom installs of our radios and I had an idea of throwing my cb in the dash just below the climate controls where the RAM emblem is. I'm asking this instead of taking my face plate off and what not because I don't have the time to rip everything off just to take a quick 5 minute peak behind it.

By the way, I have the center console with shifter to add to the fun.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:30 AM
03vulcan
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you get one of the small frame CBs there is plenty of room. I have had mine off many times while doing the allgig and Rear camera install. I would still suggest pulling it to compare the alignment prior to purchasing a CB for it. The only thing I remember is a cross memeber but believe it would not be in the way.

Another option is the remote style CB where all controls are on handset and the radio it self would have plenty of room in the dash area behind faceplate.

Quick Reply: In dash CB radio, is it possible?